Eventbrite recently did a study on the “Most Carpe Diem Cities in America”—cities where people “seize the day” and grab hold of new adventures. That got us thinking: How do Angelenos make the most of their lives?
The beauty of LA is that it’s sprawled over nearly 500 sq miles, and on any given day there is never a shortage of things to do. The city’s offerings are as diverse as the people living in Los Angeles. Whether it be outdoors in the SoCal sunshine or a visit to one of LA’s landmark museums for a day of culture, here is a look at 15 ways Angelenos can seize the day.
1. Hike Runyon Canyon and enjoy the views.
2. Go wine tasting at Malibu Wines.
Photo credit: “Malibu Wines, Malibu, CA” by Conrad & Peter is licensed under CC BY 2.0
3. Grab a bike and ride along Santa Monica Beach.
4. Roam the galleries at LACMA.
Photo credit: “Urban Lights at LACMA, LA” by Francisco Diez is licensed under CC BY 2.0
5. Scavenge for fresh produce at a farmer’s market.
6. Packing a picnic and catching a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
Photo credit: “Hollywood Bowl. Los Angeles, CA” by Conrad & Peter is licensed under CC BY 2.0
7. Walk through downtown Los Angeles for DTLA Art Walk.
8. Don your best Kentucky Derby hat and bet on your favorite horse at the Santa Anita Race Track.
Photo credit: Cheryl Ann Quigley / Shutterstock.com
9. Cheer on your favorite LA basketball team at The Staples Center.
Photo credit: Tiffany Chan / Shutterstock.com
10. Run the LA Marathon (or at least try).
Photo credit: spirit of america / Shutterstock.com
11. Zipline over the Pacific Ocean in Malibu.
12. Watch a musical at Pantages Theater.
Photo credit: “Pantages Theatre” by Floyd B. Bariscale is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0
13. Visit Griffith Observatory.
14. Go horseback riding through the Santa Monica Mountains.
Photo credit: Andrey Bayda / Shutterstock.com
15. Listen to the sounds of the LA Philharmonic at Walt Disney Concert Hall.
Photo credit: Gerry Boughan / Shutterstock.com
Tell us how you love to “carpe diem” in Los Angeles at @BriteLA.