Some local healthcare departments are using Eventbrite to schedule COVID-19 vaccination appointments. We’ve compiled some of the most common questions about scheduling an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine:
Are all vaccine appointments made through Eventbrite?
- No, only some counties are using Eventbrite for COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Check with your local health department for more information on how to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
How do I find out where I can get a vaccination?
- It’s best to follow a link provided by a reliable source such as your local health department or a healthcare provider.
How do I avoid unofficial vaccination events?
- To avoid registering to a unofficial vaccination event, follow a link from a verified source like your local government website or healthcare provider. Be wary of paid vaccination appointments — currently, vaccine providers should not be charging for a vaccine.
- If you’re unsure of a vaccination event’s legitimacy for any reason, check with your healthcare provider. Eventbrite is proactively monitoring and removing any unofficial vaccination events.
How do I report a questionable vaccination event?
- Scroll down to the bottom of the listing page. Select “Report This Event” under “Connect With Us.” A report form will open. Select the reason for reporting the event, and add additional details if possible.
- When you’re finished filling out the form, click the orange “Submit Report” button. This will allow Eventbrite to review and take action accordingly.
Can I register both myself and others for time slots?
- Eventbrite allows you to register for multiple time slots. Check your local health department’s website for specific rules and requirements.
- If you need to assist someone eligible for a vaccine, you can also register on their behalf.
How do I sign up for a time slot?
- To sign up for a time slot, click the green “Register” button and select the correct number of registrations next to the timeslot of your choice. From there, select “Register” in orange at the bottom of the window, and fill out the registration form. If the time slot has been sold out, this will be noted and there will be a gray button that says “details.”
- NOTE: Check your county’s documentation requirements for your appointment. If you need to present your time slot registration, follow the directions here.
How do I cancel a time slot I signed up for?
- To cancel a time slot, first log into Eventbrite using the email address used to register. If you have not logged into Eventbrite before, you will be prompted to create a password. Once logged in, select “Tickets” from the dropdown menu in the upper righthand corner below your email address. Select the order you’d like to cancel, and click “Cancel Order.”
- See our help center article for more details.
- If you have any issues with these steps, reach out to your local health department (the organizer of the vaccination event) to request they cancel the appointment on your behalf.
How can I tell if all the appointments are taken?
- If there are no remaining time slots available, there will be a “Sold Out” notice on the event page or registration window, and you will not be able to select any tickets.
- If an event is sold out, check your local health department website for updates or contact your local health department to inquire about other options.
How can I access my registration when I arrive at the vaccination site?
- When you have completed your order, you should receive an order confirmation email. You can also view your registration by logging into Eventbrite with the email address used to register and selecting “Tickets.” The vaccination event listing or your local health department’s website should specify what you will need to show for entry, but if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to them directly.
- See our help center article for more information.
How can I contact the vaccination event organizer?
- We recommend contacting your local health department with any questions. To contact the organizer through Eventbrite, select “Contact Event Organizer” near the bottom of the event listing. If you have already registered, you can also simply reply to your order confirmation email.
- See our help center article for more information on how to contact the organizer.
Where can I learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
For more information on how to schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, see your local health department’s website. For more FAQs on the COVID-19 vaccine, see the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s website.