Join Geri Aglipay, Midwest Outreach Manager for Small Business Majority and Yolanda Ruiz, Stakeholder Liaison for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at a free breakfast presentation that will focus on what CPAs and tax preparers need to know about the Affordable Care Act and what the healthcare law means for small businesses in Illinois. It will focus on both federal and state provisions to help highlight important information needed during tax season. Specific topics include the following:
• Key facts about the ACA for CPAs and tax preparers.
• Coverage options under the ACA (eg. Marketplace, SHOP, and Medicaid) for clients.
• Eligibility for tax credits for small business owners for group coverage.
• Eligibility for financial assistance for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small business employees with no employer sponsored coverage.
• Resources available for clients.
A question and answer period will follow.
This event is co-hosted by the Small Business Majority, West Suburban Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the IRS.
Check-in at 8:00 am. Program begins 8:30 am.
If you have any questions, contact Illinois Outreach Manager Geri Aglipay via email at firstname.lastname@example.org