Microsoft MVP and VMware vExpert David Klee leads this full-day introduction to getting the most out of the infrastructure underneath your SQL Server environment. The focus of the course is to help those new to the enterprise server infrastructure concepts become familiar with function and purpose of each layer of the architecture around their databases, and how this knowledge can benefit them as data professionals. Participants will gain exposure to all layers of infrastructure and virtualization underneath SQL Server, from storage all the way through to the SQL Server instance, and will learn how to review and engineer the entire stack with a strong emphasis on SQL Server performance.
The following topics will be addressed during the course:
- Datacenter Fundamentals
- Infrastructure Stack Fundamentals
- Storage and SAN Concepts and Design
- Networking and Interconnect Topologies
- Physical Server Technologies
- The SQL Server Virtual Machine
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Performance Investigation and Tuning of the Entire Stack
A working set of the screens and configuration settings referenced in the session, together with the reference slides and documentation, will be provided to attendees, for strategic reference in working with SQL Server and the infrastructure underneath in their own environments.