Actions and Detail Panel
Superhero Heart Run - Omaha 2017
Sun, September 24, 2017, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
Superheroes, are you ready? Caped crusaders and masked marvels will be taking over the Big O on Sunday, September 24, 2017! Please join Heart Heroes, Inc. at Werner Park for the 5th Annual Superhero Heart Run!
Last year's event hosted nearly 1,400 superheroes and rasied over $77,000!!! 2017's goal is to raise $80,000 and welcome more than 1,500 heart families and supporters back to Werner Park! "You Have the Power to Save the Day for Congenital Heart Defects!" Proceeds raised from this event will be utilized to provide support, education, research and create awareness for Congenital Heart Defects, the most common birth defect. Families in Nebraska will benefit directly through the programs and services provided by Heart Heroes, Inc.
The Superhero Heart Run is the nation's only family-friendly, superhero-themed 5k/2k event specifically aimed at raising awareness for Congenital Heart Defects. Get tips and great ideas to get started at www.superheroheartrun.com/fundraise!
Please visit our website for more information on events, sponsorship, fundraising, and volunteer information.
*Please note: We are unable to offer refunds for weather cancellations or non-attendance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What time does the event start?
Check-in and family activities begin at 12:00pm, and the 5k/2k starts at 2:00pm.
What's the refund policy?
We are unable to offer refunds for weather cancellations or non-attendance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- There is no smoking at any Superhero Heart Run event.
- Dogs are allowed on leash, if allowed by park policy. (Service animals always allowed).
- Parking is available at Werner Park. We encourage carpooling to minimize traffic.
DOs & DON'Ts for the Superhero Heart Run:
- DO bring your Heart Hero Cape, water bottles, superhero costumes! Food & beverages will be available through Werner Park concessions.
- DO bring cash or cards to pay for walk-up registrations, merchandise and last-minute donations.
- DON'T bring your bikes, scooters or skateboards - we're leaving the trail clear for our runners, walkers and strollers.
- DON'T forget any check or cash donations! (Make checks payable to Heart Heroes, Inc. and can also be mailed to PO Box 340, Boys Town NE 68010)