What makes a successful social data analytics project? Learn how to use social media data to measure sentiment and customer engagement.
Learn how to get the most from your/client's data, whether you work in data science, technology, digital services, marketing or PR.
No programming or technical experience is required to attend this course. For the more technically minded please see this course here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/r-programming-and-machine-learning-for-social-media-data-analytics-tickets-29330039939
This is a beginner/intermediate level training for those that are starting their journey in social data or experienced professionals looking for best practice and the latest research to apply to their work.
We explain how “social data” (the accumulation of all our likes, posts, tweets and interactions) can be used to understand public sentiment, brand positioning, audience reach, engagement, reaction, and perceptions.
Whilst giving a good grounding in big data and governance, we will also use hands-on practical case studies to give you the tools required to run a successful social data and analytics project.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Big data and social data introduction
- Privacy, data governance and ethics
- Hands-on practical workshops - analysis of successful Twitter social media data projects
- Data mashups (social media data plus other datasets)
- Social data measurement and success factors
- A University of Cambridge - Data Researcher will present:
i) MyPersonality – a psychometric experiment with Facebook social data
ii) Data preparation and data cleaning challenges
iii) Machine learning and R
With over 1,300 members we run the UK's largest social data meetup and learning group, Social Data London http://www.meetup.com/socialdata/#past We also run the global social data site www.worldwidepulse.com
- Wifi enabled room
- Course materials provided
- Continental breakfast on arrival from (8am)
- Coffee, tea, pastries, biscuits and snacks (unlimited servings) - full day
- 'City Mezze' lunch with hot soup, gourmet tartlets and Asian noodles plus sandwiches, salads, breads and dessert
- Chilled water in the room
Our fantastic central London location in Moorgate (etc.venues) is easy to get to and provides first class training facilities.