Are you an A/E/C firm looking for a summer marketing intern?
Join the SMPS Summer Internship Program – Apply Now!
SMPS/LA is continuing its marketing summer internship program for the summer of 2016 through targeting USC, UCLA, Loyola Marymount University, and Cal Poly Pomona to offer students interview opportunities, marketing internship placement, and professional training in the A/E/C industry.
Student Needs fit Marketplace Needs
According to studies conducted in 2013, more than 40% of recent U.S. college graduates are unemployed or need more training to get on a career track. SMPS/LA is committed to bridging the gap between the university student and the A/E/C industry by providing university students studying business, communications, journalism, architecture, engineering, construction, or other related fields, hands-on experience through internships within our firms.
By applying to the internship program, sophomore, junior, or senior undergraduate student finalists will have guaranteed internship interviews with local design or construction firms and experience hands-on training in professional services marketing. This program is a win-win for all parties. SMPS/LA recognizes the high demand for qualified marketing and business development professionals.
Benefits to Firms
• SMPS/LA takes care of recruiting, screening, and reviewing candidates prior to interviews
• Additional marketing support throughout the summer
• Free SMPS student membership, with access to all SMPS/LA events including free members only events
Benefits to Students
• No cost to apply
• Learn the A/E/C market from industry professionals
• $350 fee per registered firm covers curriculum, expenses, and an intensive two week training program that concludes with a 10-12 week internship. (This fee does not include the hourly rate or flat rate internship salary to the student throughout the duration of the summer.)
• April 14, 2016 - Industry and Student Meet-and-Greet - Opportunity to interview a selected pool of candidates
• April 21, 2016 - Internship Interview with local design or construction firm
• May 16-27 - SMPS Industry Training - Specific course modules, details and dates to be announced
• June 3, 2016 - Internship commences for a duration of 10-12 weeks
• Employers: March 18, 2016 - Deadline to participate
• Students: November 20, 2015 – Deadline to submit applications