Actions and Detail Panel
RAILS TO VICTORY 2017 WW2 Event
Fri, Jun 9, 2017, 4:00 PM – Sun, Jun 11, 2017, 5:00 PM CDT
We are proud to invite you to our 7th annual Rails to Victory (RTV) WW2 reenactment at the Fox River Trolley Museum in South Elgin, Illinois, just West of Chicago. RTV is a Western Front European Theater event which will once again be presenting the Occupied France Trolley Adventure with small action skits and skirmishes along our 3 miles of trolley track. This is an opportunity for reenactors to immerse the public into history by putting them on a trolley and leading them through various period skits and battles. Wooded picturesque and sloping terrain along the Fox River offer unique and interesting landscapes for both reenactors and spectators. Our annual period WW2 BICYCLE RALLY is again planned for a leisurely ride through the museum and down the Fox River Bicycle path to the Duerr Forest Preserve and back (approximately 3 miles round trip). Sunday's Schedule shall once again include a Western Front FIELD BATTLE in and around the Museum's bone yard with all the railroad obstacles for defensive positions.
- All vehicles including tracked vehicles and watercrafts are welcome to participate durig the event.
- A period WW2 Girls Baseball Home Front Game will once again be played on Sunday. Reenactors are encouraged to come over to watch the game and cheer on their favorite team; whether it be the Rockford Peaches, Kenosha Comets, Racine Bells, or South Bend Blue Sox.
- Opportunities for historical camp presentations are also welcome and can be presented both days of the event. Please contact us if you would like your presentation added to the printed schedule.
Regristration: FREE ON-LINE Regisration through JUNE 7, 2017. This year there shall be a $10.00 FEE for all Walk On Registrations on site after June 7th.
Camp Amenities: Flush Toilets on site. Camp sites are assigned on a first come first served bases.
- Friday, June 9: Reenactor check-in, 4pm to 10pm.;
- Saturday, June 10: Reenactor check-in, 8 am to 9:15am;
- Sunday, June 11: Reenactor check-in, 9am to 9:50am;
- Daily morning formations and S&A check;
- Museum Opens at 10 am on Saturday and Sunday;
- Visit the Event Web Site for Additional event details (schedules, maps, and updates).
Authenticity Notes: HRS safety and authenticity rules apply.
Invited Vehicles/Items: All WWII vehicles including tracked vehicles are welcome, weather conditions permitting; tracked vehicles may be limited to the gravel road and battle field. Smaller vehicles such as Jeeps, Motorcycles, Kubels & Lightweight Trucks may drive on the grassy areas. Boats and other period water crafts such rafts are also welcome on the Fox River, but should contact us first prior to bringing out. River depth is only 2-3 feet in the vicinity of the museum.
Restrictions on Minors: HRS Rules
Other restrictions: No alcoholic beverages permitted in the Museum and County Park. No digging, but camp fires are allowed in above pits and military stoves and grills. No firing of weapons in the encampment area in County Park by Forest Preserve Ordinance; but okay in the designated battlefield areas on museum property.
Motels: Accommodations available in nearby Elgin and St. Charles Illinois: Hampton Inn, the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites and West Dundee's Marriott International-Courtyard & Towne Place Suites; and in St. Charles: Best Western, Country Inn & Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Geneva Motel, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Baker, Pheasant Run Resort, and Super 8. Restaurants: There are eating establishments with in a very easy walk of the museum ranging in variety from hot dogs to pizza.
Sponsoring Unit(s): US10th Mtn LHDG; WW2 Girls Baseball Living History League; 28 Jager Division
Regiment 83; 3rd Gebirgsjaeger Division