The intended audience for this course includes architects, engineers, contractors, owners, and other design professionals. Course participants will examine the role of the contractor in LEED implementation during construction, including lessons learned, personnel training, and documentation tips discussed by the construction team. In addition, course participants will learn about positive outcomes by utilizing the Integrated Design Process. Finally, participants will be treated to an in-depth building tour that highlights the design elements of the LEED project.
- Discuss how the integrated design approach affected the cost and design of the HSEB building
- Describe the role of the Contractor in LEED implementation during construction, including lessons learned, personnel training, and documentation tips discussed by the HSEB construction team
- Detail the MR and IEQ credits that the Contractor has a primary responsibility for during construction
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of various construction team members for the commissioning process as it relates to Enhanced Commissioning (EAc3)
- Articulate internal and external conditions of a project that can affect Increased Ventilation (IEQc2) Course outline: Not needed.
Location: The Sustainability Hub is located at 912 Main Street, Worcester, MA, 01610. Parking is available across the street from the Sustainability Hub, and please be sure to place the attached Parking Pass in your front windshield. As a safety precaution please use the painted crosswalk to access the Sustainability Hub. Further street parking can befound on Hawthorne Street and Main Street.