Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
About Michelle's Mighty Mission
On Saturday, November 19, 2016 Sugar Creek Brewing Company will host, Michelle’s Mighty Mission, an all-you-can-eat Low Country Boil community dinner with bottomless brews and a stout home brewing contest. The goal of this event is to raise awareness and funds for our Co-Founder's sister, Michelle Pratt, and the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation. The homebrew contest winner will collaborate with the Sugar Creek Brewing Team to brew their winning recipe on the brewery’s 15 barrel system. The winning stout will be served on draught in the Sugar Creek Brewing Company Tap Room.
Chef Hunter from the Pompous Pig will be preparing pot, after seasoned pot, of a finger-licking Low Country Boil community dinner. Wash down freshly caught sea food with a freshly brewed ale, bottomless brews are included with your ticket!
The brewery will also have entertainment including a donation-dunk tank live music by the Accidentals!
LocalScroll Charlotte will be shooting pictures from 4:30 pm - 6 pm. Grab a T-shirt to mark the occasion. Proceeds from T-shirt sales will be donated as well. If you get the chance, be sure to thank local business, Admark Graphic Systems, Inc., for donating product and services.
About Michelle's Mighty Mission Homebrew Competition
Purpose: Sugar Creek Brewery is proud to host Michelle's Might Mission Homebrew Competition. 100% of the proceeds will go to Michelle’s Mighty Mission and The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation. For an in-depth look at the story behind this event, check out the interview our co-founder, Joe, did with CraftBeer.Com to discover how your homebrew will change lives.
Prize: The winner of the contest will collaborate with the Sugar Creek Brewing Company team to help brew the winning recipe on our 15 barrel system. The collaboration will be shortly after the competition so that the Stout can be enjoyed through the winter months. When the Stout is ready to be served, Sugar Creek Brewery will host a “Beer Release” party and the winning Stout will be served and enjoyed in our Tap Room!
- We will be accepting all BJCP stout styles for submission.
- $30 Entry fee + Eventbrite fee
- All entries must be submitted between October 31 - November 11, 2016.
- Please drop off your entry from 4pm to 9pm in the Sugar Creek Tap Room located at 215 Southside Drive Charlotte, NC 28217.
- Winners to be announced during Michelle's Might Mission Fundraiser on November 19th at 6PM.
- Your Homebrew Competition entry grants you access to the all-you-can-eat low country boil, Michelle's Mighty Mission.
- Point of Contact for the contest is Kristan Coblentz, Kristan@sugarcreekbrewing.com.
- All entries will be judged by our Cicerone certified, Sugar Creek Brew Team.
- Please submit three 12oz bottles each labeled with a competition bottle identification form. ( attached).
- Judging to be done using the BJCP stout guidelines with special consideration given to flavor, taste and texture.
-Judging to be done using BJCP checklist-style evaluation. - Homebrewers may pick up their checklist day of event to review tasting comments by Sugar Creek Brewing team.