Get Your Sit Together: 28 Days to Develop a Rock-Solid Daily Meditation Habit is a 28-day meditation event helping you to set up the habit of meditating daily.
The benefits of regular meditation have been demonstrated again and again in multiple studies. Meditating makes you happier, is good for your health, protects your brain from aging, boosts your intelligence, and helps reduce pain, stress, and depression. Knowing all this, though, is not enough, and it’s not easy to set up a regular meditation practice. But we’re here to help you!
Grounded in Bodhipaksa's three decades of meditation practice, and rooted in the science of motivation and habit formation, this course will explore the principles involved in overcoming resistance and procrastination, and in creating and sustaining the positive habit of regular meditation. Whether you're a complete beginner to meditation or someone who's had difficulty establishing a regular meditation practice, we can help you get your sit together!
Drawing on the latest research on motivation and habit-building, along with timeless insights from Buddhist psychology, we'll help you to commit to sit daily, no matter what, so that you can experience the benefits of regular meditation.
This course will help you to:
- Get beyond the resistance that stops you from establishing and sticking to a healthy lifestyle
- Employ a variety of support strategies that will help you stick to your positive intentions
- Drop self-criticism and instead focus on motivating yourself through emotional rewards
- Develop confidence in your ability to set up the habit of meditating daily
- Change your self-view so that you let go of limiting ways of seeing yourself
- Have a greater sense of being in control of your own life
Clear, practical and down-to-earth, this course will help you to transform your life in radical ways. You’ll receive:
- Daily guidance in the form of an email from Bodhipaksa, containing reflections, meditation instructions, and suggestions for practice in daily life.
- Eight guided meditation recordings (from 8 to 30 minutes in length: average is 15 minutes).
- An online community where you can share your experiences, ask questions, and receive support and encouragement.
This event is suitable for complete beginners to meditation, as well as those who have struggled to keep their existing practice going.
What other participants have said
- “It was a wonderful experience. For years I’ve been sitting alone, and this experience of sitting with a group, sharing and being together motivates, emphasizes the basics, and creates a community of focused people.” Paul C.
- “It’s been a delightful journey. I meditated every day of the challenge. ‘I meditate every day, it’s just what I do, it’s part of who I am.’ Thank you!” Lizzie E.
- “If 28 days can have such an impact on my practice, imagine what 28 weeks, 28 months, 28 years ( I should live so long!) of meditating every day can have!” Jennifer O.
- “Thanks to all for a wonderful experience. I’m so glad we did this together!” Scott K.
About the instructor
Bodhipaksa has been practicing Buddhist meditation for over 30 years, and teaching for around 25 years. He formerly taught meditation in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of Montana, and ran a thriving retreat center in the Scottish Highlands. He is the author of more than a dozen books and audiobooks, and has been published in six languages. In 2000 he founded Wildmind, an online meditation center. He has been a member of the Triratna Buddhist order since 1993. He is originally from Scotland, but now lives in New Hampshire. He has two children.
Scholarships are available
A limited number of scholarships are available for those who would like to participate but are unable to make a donation. If you would like to take advantage of one of these scholarships, please write to us: email@example.com.
Questions, comments, problems?