Actions and Detail Panel
Emerging Trends Series: Cybersecurity & the 21st Century Electricity System
Thu, March 23, 2017, 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM EDT
While not new, cybersecurity is an evolving threat to energy security, reliability and the shift to a 21st century electricity system. As the electricity sector has evolved in recent decades, both the influx of distributed energy resources on the grid and recent attacks on electric grids around the world (e.g., Ukraine in 2015) make this expanding threat more relevant than ever.
How can energy innovation help address this threat, how can clean energy businesses manage the risk of a cyber attack to the grid, and how does public policy play a role in the effort to enhance the cybersecurity of a 21st century grid?
Our panel will include...
- John Doernberg, Boston Cyber Practice Leader, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Ed Hammersla, CEO, Utilidata
- Tom Getz, Counsel Administrative Law Department, McLane Middleton, former New Hampshire PUC Chair
- Cynthia Larose, Chair, Privacy & Security Practice, Mintz Levin. Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) (moderator)
- A. Stewart Rose, President, ThreatReady Resources
NECEC’s Emerging Trends Series are networking and educational events that discuss hot topics, growing markets and emerging trends in the clean energy industry. Forums are hosted at NECEC Sponsor offices and free to NECEC Members and Sponsors.