What: e-Formation is a learning community and an ecumenical conference on ministry in a digital world
Who: Leaders invested in the future of the church
- Congregational leaders, especially those involved in faith formation and communications ministries
- Seminary/university professors and students
- Chaplains and campus ministers
- Religious schools leadership (K–12)
- Publishers of digital faith formation content
- Regional leaders in faith formation: district, synod, diocese
- National denominational leaders
- Denominational media organizations
Conference Dates: Monday, June 6, through Wednesday, June 8 2016 with optional Evening Program
Conference Location: Virginia Theological Seminary
Conference Program: Updated details here
- Change or cancelation until April 15: refund for any reason with $25 processing fee
- Change or cancelation April 16 ‒ May 15: refund for any reason with $75 processing fee
- Change or cancelation after May 15: no refunds available. Exceptions will be considered for pastoral emergencies.
There are many registration options to help you customize your experience. Note that if you need housing, you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the registration form.
For example, if you'd like to attend the full conference (including the evening program) and a single room Sunday through Wednesday nights, you'll need to select the following:
- Full Conference + Evening Program
- Housing - Single - Sunday
- Housing - Single - Monday
- Housing - Single - Tuesday
- Housing - Single - Wednesday
What are my transportation/parking options getting to the event?
The conference is on-campus at Virginia Theological Seminary, 3737 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA.
- Directions: For travel directions go directly to the VTS website at www.vts.edu/directions.
- Metro: The Metro is the best way to get around the Washington, DC area. The closest Metro stop is the King Street Station which is about 3 miles away in Old Town Alexandria. A one-way cab ride will cost around $10.00. A DASH bus ride is around $1.60.
- Bus: Major East Coast bus lines stop at Washington Union Station. From there you can take the Metro.
- Train: Many East Coast Amtrak routes stop at King Street Station.
- From Reagan National Airport (DCA): Take the Blue or Yellow Metro lines to the King Street Station and follow the Metro instructions above OR take a taxi for approximately $20 door to door.
- From Dulles (IAD) or Baltimore/Washington (BWI) Airport: Use a shuttle service: Supreme Airport Shuttle (800-590-0000 ) or Super Shuttle (800-258-3826). Make reservations in advance by calling the shuttle service.
The main conference building for e-Formation 2016 is Addison Academic Center, 3630 Bishop Walker Circle. Parking is available behind the Academic Center. If this space is full, you may park in any parking space designated for visitors or in any undesignated space on the VTS campus. No parking pass is required. See this VTS campus map for the location of the Addison Academic Center and parking lots.
Is there a discounted rate for students and service year participants?
Yes, we can offer a 40% discount on the full conference registration (and comp your Evening Program registration on request).
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
By email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (703.461.1885).
Is my registration(s) transferrable?
Yes, but please contact us ahead of time to do so: email@example.com.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, contact us at to do so: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does my registration include meals?
Full Conference registration includes lunches. Evening Program registration includes dinner. Housing registration includes breakfast.