Have an app idea or need an app built for your business?
Join us in the Bay Area for an IoT and Mobile App Hackathon, produced by the AT&T Developer Program. Hangout with us as we hack, get fed, compete for prizes across different categories and most importantly: meet new people and scout for teammates to work on new or current projects. We will have experts from AT&T and the local community onsite to assist with your development.
Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team-focused mindset and/or team-up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ via the #atthack hashtag. Whether you are a backend person, designer, entrepreneur, student, or just interested in tech, you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your development skills are needed!
Quick presentations and code samples that help to bootstrap your hacking, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. We will have technical mentors to assist you in building faster, smarter, and with new tools. We will also have loaner hardware on-site for you to use in your solutions.
- Arduino Boards: Sunfounder Super Kit with Uno R3 for Arduino (Documentation)
- RobotLinking 37 Sensor Kit
- Intel Edison (Documentation) + Grove - Starter Kit Plus Intel IoT Edition
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi 2 Complete Starter Kit (Monitor and keyboard not included)
- Raspberry Pi 2, Model B 1GB, Documentation (Monitor and keyboard not included)
- Photon Board Maker Kit (Documentation)
- Raspberry Pi 3 + Sensors (monitor and keyboar not included)
The following is a list of the weekend's agenda:
- 6PM - Kickoff event with dinner, networking and developer dating
- 7PM - Speakers present
- 8PM - Pitch idea and form teams
- 9PM - Technical Workshops
- Facility is open overnight!
- 9:30AM - The fun continues with coffee served in the morning! Work with the teams from Day 1 to complete the app spec'd. Mentors will be available throughout the entire day to help you code your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 4PM.
- 12:30PM - Lunch is served
- 4PM - Deadline for team registration
- 5PM - Dinner is served
- 6PM - Pencils down. Pitches start promptly at 6PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team. PowerPoint presentations are NOT recommended!
The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
- Best Overall Hack: $5000 (in Amazon gift cards for the team)
- IBM Watson Challenge
- 1st place: $2,000 (in Amazon gift cards for the team)
- 2nd place: $1,000 (in Amazon gift cards for the team)
- Mechatronics Excellence Award: $2,500 (in Amazon gift cards for the team)
Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight - Originality of idea
- 33% Weight - Technically creative and/or challenging implementation
Hackathon terms: http://db.tt/kyPS9ojR
We expect all participants to abide by the Hack Code of Conduct: http://hackcodeofconduct.org/attdeveloper.
Follow us, @attdeveloper, for live updates and photos from the event
"Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ATTDeveloper