Pitch ideas. Collaborate. Develop products. Launch companies.
Not your average, ordinary weekend.
During 48 Hour Launch entrepreneurs, students, and professionals converge to transform big tech ideas into solid business models, and build the companies of tomorrow.
Have an innovative technology idea and an entrepreneurial streak? You have two minutes on Friday night to pitch your concept and inspire the crowd. The most popular ideas will be selected and teams will form around them to work on them over the course of the weekend.
More interested in applying your skills toward a goal that fuels economic development and elevates creative talent? Then vote for your favorite pitch, join a team and dive into development. Just like Fortune 500 organizations, these startups need marketers, lawyers, accountants, graphic designers, developers, and UX specialists. In short, they need you.
We’ll also have a live pitch competition Saturday afternoon for those whose pitches weren’t selected on Friday if they want to receive tips on how to improve their pitches!
On Sunday afternoon each team will present its tech business to the Memphis community and a panel of judges.
More than community engagement, this event fosters true community investment. In 48 hours, where else can you:
- Launch brand new tech-supported companies, contributing toward our local innovation economy and creating jobs;
- Learn by doing, experiencing firsthand entrepreneurial principles that can be applied to any endeavor or work environment;
- Connect with like-minded and talented professionals, expanding your network;
- Play an active role in Memphis’ entrepreneurial community, volunteering your current skills while learning new ones;
- Eat and drink well, including all meals and copious amounts of coffee; and
- Be a part of something this collaborative, creative and cool?!
- Receive college credit from the University of Memphis for your participation
So what are you waiting for? Register today for 48 Hour Tech Launch, and get ready to spend your weekend doing something extraordinary- building both companies and community.
1st Place Prize
- $500 cash
- Two $50 Amazon giftcards
- Two $50 Starbucks giftcards
2nd Place Prize
- Four pairs Monster Beats by Dr. Dre IBeats in-ear headphones
- Two $25 Amazon giftcards
- Two $25 Starbucks giftcards
Pitch Competition Winner
- $100 Amazon giftcard
- $25 Starbucks giftcard
Special Thanks to our Partner!
When & Where
Start Co. fosters the production of high growth startups that will create the much needed jobs of . Seated in Memphis, TN, this federated platform provides the mentoring, apprenticeship, programming, and resources needed to enable entrepreneurs to take real, actionable steps of starting up in Memphis.