A Meisner/Stanislavski Acting Class
Directed by Actor/Filmmaker
TBA OC THEATRE
Orange County Location to be announced asap
EVERY SATURDAY AFTERNOON
ONLY $25 PER NIGHT
LIMITED SPACE | ONLY 30 ACTORS PER CLASS | RESERVE YOUR SPOT
- Sanford Meisner
The actor should not imitate or impersonate, but become the part by working on the link between the role and the reality of your own life and emotions. In short, free your imagination and develop complete self awareness both physically and mentally.
- Konstantine Stanislavski.
Emphasis on the following combination of techniques:
* Making strong smart choices in the world of the play in your scene work preparation leading up to the moment.
* Getting familiar with, understanding, emotionally connecting to, and memorization of the material.
* Identifying who your are, what you want, how you feel about the other person, visualization of any third party characters, and strong point of view.
A two part format each week using basic Meisner repetition components in the moment, along with Stanislavski's preparation method of building a character leading up to the moment:
* Quick scene preparation.
* Scene work with repetition, direction, character exercises and adjustments built-in, to maximize a strong, grounded, honest, emotionally connected result.
* Emerging & notable actors welcome.
* Privates are available upon request and availability.
* Privates include one on one, for one hour; repetition exercise, scene work with repetition exercises,preparation and building a character overall philosophy.
* Dialect coaching.
* Camera technique and philosophy.
* Q & A.
Let's get ramped up for the 2104 television pilot season together, as well as feature films...and win jobs! Questions? Let us know what's on your mind :)
Actor/Filmmaker/Coach BoJesse Christopher
BoJesse Christopher | Mini-Bio | Actor-Filmmaker-Coach
American actor BoJesse Christopher was born and raised in San Francisco, Ca, and is best known for his portrayal of Grommet/LBJ, the reckless younger brother of Patrick Swayze in the 20th Century Fox classic original feature film Point Break, directed by academy award winner Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty), released 1991.
BoJesse also costars as the FBI Director Chapman in the $100 million dollar re imagined Point Break, directed by Ericson Core, distributed by Warner Bros., opening Christmas Day 2015.
BoJesse also costars opposite J.K. Simmons & Emile Hersh in the dark comedy The Runaround, premiering at The Sundance Film Festival January, 2016.
Thus far, BoJesse has starred, co-starred, reoccurred, guest starred, appeared in, and/or written, produced and directed, a variety of over 47 film and television projects over the years, opposite a wide range of notable talent.
Early days, BoJesse personally trained with legendary acting coach Stella Adler at prestigious Stella Adler Conservatory Theatre, while mentored and privately coached by two-time academy award winner Shelley Winters at The Actors Studio West, and is a lifetime member.
Over time, BoJesse trained with acclaimed acting coach Sandy Marshall, immersing himself into the Sanford Meisner repetition technique.
In recent years, BoJesse developed, organized, and directs the Truth Be Told Stanislavski/Meisner acting collective, where he continues to share and grow as an actor-filmmaker-coach.
In addition, BoJesse coaches an impressive roster of notable and emerging actors, privately and on set.
More recently, BoJesse has lectured at both the Masters Acting class for Camera and Scene Study class at Relativity School, an integrated film school program in collaboration with Relativity Media/Studios, as well as the Acting for Camera class at the prestigious New York Film Academy in Los Angeles, CA.
For booking please contact: