San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
IIT Mentors Presents:
"Raising money for your start-up"
(Presentation and Discussion)
Thursday, June 4th 2015, 6:30pm - 9:00pm
180 Baytech Drive, Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95134
Space limited to 20 prospective mentees only! Previous events were sold out. Please note that you need to have studied in one of the IIT's to attend this event.
See the Attendee List at the bottom of the page
So you have a business idea and you’ve also been working on a prototype. But eventually it’s about monetizing the idea and raising money for your business. When should you start thinking about it and who should you approach for the same? Is it better to reach out to family members, angel investors or should you approach VCs for your seed round. How do you decide what will work the best for you? Are there qualities you should be looking for in your investors besides financial assistance and if so, what are they? How should you set targets for your fundraising goals and how can you prepare to meet those?
If these thoughts sound familiar to you, there might be other unanswered questions …
1. How do I prepare myself to approach investors?
2. How important is the “business plan” for raising funds?
3. Should I seek professional help in writing a business plan?
4. What funding options would work best for me?
5. How do I prepare an effective pitch?
6. How can I increase my chances of getting funded?
7. What are the important elements of an attractive start-up?
8. How can I reach out to corporate strategic investors?
9. What are other creative ways to raise funds?
10. How do I decide how much money should be raised?
11. How does an investor evaluate an early stage start-up?
If these are the voices in your head, then this event is for you!
Join senior IIT alumni Mentors who will provide a brief overview about
fund raising for a start-up and be part of an open exchange with them
and learn first-hand from their cumulative and real world experiences!
- 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM Registration, Dinner, and Talk
- 7:15 PM - 9:00 PM Discussion and Q & A with the mentors
- 9:00 PM Adjourn
Srini V. Srinivasan
scale infrastructures and over a dozen patents in database, internet, mobile and distributed system technologies. His career includes high
profile technical and executive management roles at IBM, Liberate, Yahoo! and Aerospike. Srini has degrees in Computer Science from IIT Madras (B.Tech) and the University of Wisconsin-Madison (M.S. and Ph.D.).
Save This Event
When & Where