OFFICER SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE CONCERN
During this course the student will demonstrate competencis while handcuffing and searching a supect. Our main ephasis will be on;
- Controlling Force
- Proper Techniques
- Verbal Commands/Instructions
During the Handcuffing Portion
- We will explain the purpose of using restraint devices on a subject.
- Explain potential hazards when using restraint devices on a subject
- Demonstrate the proper application and correct positioning of handcuffs on a subject
During the Searching Portion
- The student will be shown and demonstrate a systematic approach to safely and effectively conduct a person search.
- We will discuss locations where weapons and/or contraband can be concealed on a subject’s body.
- Explain policy and procedure considerations and restrictions that may be common regarding a searching and that of the opposite sex.
- We will explain cover officer responsibilities