San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Emotional Intelligence for Entrepreneurs
Are you intelligent enough to succeed at your business? Research shows that as much as 75% of business success is driven by intelligence—but not the kind that would be measured on any IQ test. Emotional intelligence (EQ) is one of the most important (yet most misunderstood) skills in today’s chaotic business environment, and that’s especially true for entrepreneurs.
But here’s the very good news—unlike IQ, emotional intelligence is a skill that can be taught and developed. And it’s not about “being emotional.” Rather, it’s about understanding and managing emotions—both in yourself and in others—so that you get the results you want.
This one-and-a-half hour workshop will explore emotional intelligence from the standpoint of entrepreneurs and provide you with skills you can start using right away to improve your effectiveness.
What you will learn
- The definition of emotional intelligence and how it differs from IQ
- How emotional intelligence impacts you every day and where it can hold you back
- Skills to assess and build your own emotional intelligence
- Skills to understand emotional intelligence in others and how to navigate difficult situations
Who should attend
- Anyone running a small business who wants to improve results
- Anyone who leads others and needs to maximize performance
- Anyone who has contact with customers and who needs to negotiate difficult situations
About the instructor:
Gerry Valentine is president and founder of Vision Executive Coaching, where he helps entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies succeed. In addition to being an entrepreneur himself, Gerry has 30+ years of leadership experience in companies of all sizes—from Fortune 100s, like American Express and Pfizer Inc., to small and mid-size businesses. He has also been a consultant and advisor to start-ups, small businesses, and non-profit organizations for many years. Gerry holds an MBA from New York University and a BS from Cornell University.
When & Where
Impact Hub Boulder
Impact Hub Boulder is a physical home for entrepreneurs, professionals, and investors to collectively create positive impact. As a member, you can work, produce and attend unique events, run your own meet-up or work-shop, access critical resources such as mentors & capital, launch companies, find and build networks and be inspired by some of the smartest, hardest working people on any continent.