Plato said, “You can learn more by observing someone in an hour of play than in a lifetime of work.”
During this Special Edition of Wit & Grit you will get the chance to play and observe like never before!
What is Wit & Grit?
Wit & Grit is an event where the TV show "Survivor" meets "The Amazing Race."
Participants are put into teams and then work together to find clues, solve puzzles, and overcome challenges & obstacles.
On Friday, May 5th 2017 we are hosting a SPECIAL EDITION of Wit & Grit that is especially designed for business owners and professionals to network on a whole new level!
When you join us on 5/5/17 you will enjoy a casual environment where you have the opportunity to see how others problem solve and handle unexpected changes. You will get the chance to truly get to know others on a deeper level!
When you come to this event what do you get?
- A casual day full of fun challenges!
- Opportunities to network with and learn from other business owner see how they problem solve and handle challenges. You'll develop relationships and memories you will never forget!
- 1st place will win the coveted Wit & Grit Trophy and get the opportunity to share what their business does to all of the participants.
- A Wit & Grit Buff to remember this special event! (To receive a Buff, you must register by 4/14/17)
- A delicious lunch, snacks and beverages are provided during the day!
- Exciting prizes for the teams with the best scores!
Join us on Friday, May 5th for this special event!
(To ensure quality of the event, we can only take a limited amount of participants for this event. Reserve your spot now to ensure you get to join in on the fun!)
There are 3 ticket options for this event:
1. Outdoor Wit & Grit Ticket: For those who want the full experience of Wit &Grit and don't mind bundling up if necessary!
2. Indoor Wit & Grit Ticket: This ticket is for those who want to participate in the challenges but may have limited mobility, want slightly easier challenges, and/or do not risk the weather. (Limited amount of tickets!)
3. Spectator pass: This ticket is for those who would like to observe the challenges, cheer on the teams, and still have the opportunity to meet and network with everyone. Your ticket includes lunch, but does not include a Wit & Grit Buff.
Get your tickets now while they are available!
Frequently Asked Questions About Wit & Grit:
1. Who is this event good for?
This event is perfect for someone who owns a business, is an entrepreneur, is in a direct sales company, or for someone who networks on behalf of their company to generate interest, leads and new clients. This event is designed for these types of business professionals to develop new & deeper relationships in a fun and casual environment. It affords you the chance to see how potential partners react to surprises and problem solve.
2. What if I am not that athletic? Can I still do the challenges?
The challenges participants can expect to see will have both mental and physical components that are hard enough to challenge you, but easy enough for anyone to complete! (It's not designed to be difficult like Tough Mudder, but it's not as hokey as racing with a balloon between your legs!) If you have limited mobility or are worried about not being able to do the challenges, then I would suggest you purchase an "Indoor Wit & Grit Ticket" for easier challenges or a "Spectator Pass" so you can just observe.
3. The event is in November... in ROCHESTER! What if it's cold, raining or snowing?!
In Rochester, you never know what the weather will be! The event will be held rain, snow or shine! Their are 3 different tickets. Those who do not want to risk the weather can purchase an "Indoor Wit & Grit Ticket". The lodge we are using at Seneca Park has heat and a working fire place to keep you extra dry & toasty! If you are more on the adventurous side and don't mind wearing a jacket, then I suggest the "Outdoor Wit & Grit Ticket"
4. Do I need to bring anything?
We will be supplying lunch, water, snacks, and all supplies needed for the day of challenges. You don't NEED to bring anything. However, I would recommend that you bring business cards to share at lunch and at the award ceremony. If you purchase the "Outdoor Wit & Grit Ticket" I would also recommend that you bring a warm change of clothes just in case and keep it in your car. (There are large bathrooms to change in)
5. I want to be a part of this event but I can't make it for the whole day. What should I do?
If you aren't able to be there when we start the day of challenges for Wit & Grit, you should purchase a "Spectator Pass". In order for the scoring to be fair, all participants must be there when we begin and stay until all challenges are completed. As a "Spectator" you can come and go as you please, when you please.
6. How do I maximize Wit & Grit for my company and make amazing connections?
There are fantastic sponsorship opportunities designed for your business to get the RIGHT kind of exposure. Some of these opportunities include having your business logo on ALL of the participants t-shirts, or sponsoring a challenge. When you sponsor a challenge, we tailor the challenge to highlight what your company does so participants get to experience you and how you can help them. For more details and informtion on being a sponsor for this event, please contact Alexis at 585-406-5295.
7. This sounds like a great event for my team! Are there discounted tickets if I want to bring some of my team with me?
This event is for business professionals who can benefit from a different and fun networking event. If you have a team of professionals that network for your company and you would like them to attend this event, contact us directly for information on a group rate. However, we also offer customized Wit & Grit events to companies who would like to do something fun to show appreciation for their team, and want to strengthen their communication, problem solving skills, and working relationships. For more info on a customized Wit & Grit for your company, contact us today directly at 585-406-5295.