The WELL Building Standard is commanding the attention of property owners throughout our market area. The Chapter invites any professional who is interested in taking the WELL AP exam to join us for an in-depth professional exam preparation course.
If you are interested in taking a comprehensive day-long class of the WELL Building Standard, sign up now. You can be a part of the earliest wave of WELL Accredited Professionals in Massachusetts. We welcome professionals from all sectors of the building industry: owners, operators, designers, engineers, builders and occupants interested in mastering and practicing the new standard.
The WELL AP Exam Prep Class will have nine sections which will be given over the course of one day (see content section below). A light breakfast, full lunch and snacks throughout the day will be provided. A hard-copy exam study guide will be provided to all students.
The course will be lead by Blake Jackson, LEED AP, AIA and WELL AP along with USGBC MA Chapter Staff (more about presenters below).
For more information regarding the WELL Accredited Professional Examination, please refer to the International WELL Building Institute. Fees for the exam increase on June 30th, so the time to get accredited is now!
The WELL Building Standard Exam Prep Class provides a deep review of the WELL Building Standard ideology, structure, and certification process. The medical basis for the concept categories is introduced along with design and construction strategies to create healthy buildings.The time has come to elevate human health and comfort to the forefront of building practices and reinvent buildings that are not only better for the planet—but also for people. This presentation will introduce how to do this using the WELL Building Standard as the framework.
- Introduction - The section will lay out the framework for the day long session and provide an introduction to WELL from which we can build a deeper understanding from, throughout the day
- Air - The section will provide a review of each of the points in the WELL system relating to air quality. We will also be reviewing similarities to LEED and other systems in practice.
- Water- The section will provide a review of each of the points in the WELL system relating to water quality. This includes pollutants, testing, and promoting healty water consumption. We will also be reviewing how credits translate and other similarities to LEED and other systems in practice.
- Nourishment- The section will provide a review of each of the points in the WELL system relating to nourishment relating to occupants. This includes allergies, handling, preparation and concerns about food production.
- Light- The section will provide a review of each of the points in the WELL system relating to lighting and effects on human occupants. We will explore concepts related to circadian rhythms, glare control, and daylight issues.
- Fitness- The section will provide a review of each of the points in the WELL system relating to fitness of occupants in the certified space. This section concerns staying active and design components that foster fitness.
- Comfort- The section will provide a review of each of the points in the WELL system relating to comfort. We will explore aspects such as ergonomics, noise, olfactory issues and thermal comfort.
- Mind- The section will provide a review of each of the points in the WELL system relating to mindfulness. In this section we are looking at topics such as biophilia, beauty, stress, altruism and transparency.
- Review - In this section, we will be reviewing some test questions and fielding any outstanding questions. There will also be a review of next steps for taking the exam, what to expect, and how to continue studing if need be.
USGBC MA offers a WELL Building Standard Exam Prep Class once every month. If you cannot attend this specific session, please take a look at our calendar for upcoming opportunities.