More and more organizations are eschewing canned reports to shine better light on their survey data. In this intensive hands-on session Steve Wexler from Data Revelations will show participants will learn both best practices in survey visualization and how to use Tableau to render these visualizations.
Topics we will explore include:
- Reshaping and optimizing data for expedited visual analysis
- Tools for reshaping data
- Tableau Add-in for Microsoft Excel
- Tableau 9.X built-in pivot feature
- Alteryx Designer
- Qualtrics Tableau web data connector
- Visualizing demographic data
- Visualizing Yes / No / Maybe data
- Visualizing Check-all-that-apply data
- Visualizing Likert-scale data / Top N Box data
- Real-time benchmarking and jitter plots
- Visual ranking within a category
- On-demand drill down
- Dealing with weighted responses
- Net Promoter Score analysis and visualization
- Statistical significance
- Building interactive dashboards
DAY ONE (December 8)
- 10:00 to 10:30 Introduction and warmup
- 10:30 to 12:00 Instruction
- 12:00 to 12:40 Lunch Break
- 12:40 to 2:00 Instruction
DAY TWO (December 9)
- 10:00 to 12:00 Instruction
- 12:00 to 12:40 Lunch
- 12:40 to 1:45 Instruction
- 1:45 to 2:30 Free swim (work on your own projects)
All attendees will receive an 85-page student guide and sample files.
A computer with the following software installed:
- Tableau 9.0 desktop or later
- Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016
- A fast internet connection
Alteryx Designer (a 14-day trial version will be made available to all participants. You will receive instructions on how to download).
Participants should have at least intermediate level understanding of Tableau. For example, you should be able to do the following:
- Connect to non-survey data
- Create visualizations with filters (bar charts, line charts for time series data, etc.)
- Create simple dashboards
- Understand the differences between a dimension and a measure, discrete vs. continuous, etc.
- Be able to create a calculated field.
About the Instructor
Steve Wexler has worked with Gallup, Deloitte, Convergys, Consumer Reports, The Economist, Marist, Hyatt, and many other organizations to help them understand and visualize survey data using Tableau. He is one of only 27 Tableau Zen Masters and one of only five Tableau Iron Viz Champions worldwide. His training courses combine an extraordinary level of product mastery with the real-world experience gained through developing thousands of visualizations for dozens of clients.
In addition to his recognized expertise in data visualization and Tableau, Steve has decades of experience as a successful instructor in all areas of computer-based technology. Steve has taught thousands of people in both large and small organizations and is known for conducting his classes with clarity, patience and humor.