Actions and Detail Panel
UX in VR: Oculus, Unity and Digital Myths Studio (platform, engine and game...
Wed, May 3, 2017, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
We will hear from a panel of legendary speakers representing perspectives across the whole VR ecosystem.
- Brian Sharp manager of the Oculus Medium team at Oculus
- Dylan Urquidi UX engineer on the Editor VR project at Unity Labs (which allows you to use the Unity engine in VR)
- Rafael Brown - prolific game designer and founder/creative direcator at Digital Myths Studio
Brian Sharp: Product & Engineering Manager at Oculus
Brian formed and presently runs the team that built Oculus Medium, a sculpting application for virtual reality for the Oculus Rift headset and Touch controllers. As Product Manager he owns and guides the vision for the project, as Engineering Manager he directs the project's technical execution, and as an engineer he personally implemented substantial portions of the product.
Dylan Urquidi: Senior UX Engineer at Unity
Dylan is senior Engineer @ Unity Labs, developing Unity3D's EditorVR. In this role, Dylan works across art/tech-art/UI/UX/animation. Dylan has many years of experience developing 3D applications including:
- “Dream” – Oculus VR Store
- Unannounced Vive/Oculus VR titles / experiences / art installations
- Dream (VR) - Oculus Gear VR Store - Engineering, Tech-Art, 2D/3D Art
- 8-Bit Armies - Tech-Art
- Zombie Chopper - Lead engineer & Tech-Artist (mobile port) - iOS / Android
- Super ICEE Maker 3D - Lead Engineer - iOS
- Circus Food Maker - Lead Engineer - iOS
Rafael Brown: Cofounder & Creative Director at Digital Myths Studio
Rafael has 20 years in the videogame industry across 30+ projects. He is studio head/co-founder in immersive entertainment XR (VR, AR, MR & FP). He has worked as a game designer, producer, project lead & creative director. Rafael is a common speaker at many top industry events. He has worked on many titles in the past under John Carmack at Id Software and other companies including
- Mafia 3 [PS4/XB1/PC]
- Trailer Pop [iOS/Android]
- Rage [360/PS3/PC/Steam]
- Quake 4 [PC/Steam]
- Doom 3 BFG Ed [PC/360/PS3]
- Doom Classic [iOS]
- Wolfenstein 3D Classic [iOS]
- Rage: Mobile HD/SD [iOS]
- Quake Live [PC]
- Need for Speed: Undercover [360/PS3/PC/PS2/Wii]
- Mass Effect 1 
- Tony Hawk's Project 8 [360/PS2/GCN/XBX/PC]
- True Crime: New York City [PS2/GCN/XBX/PC]
- The Hobbit [PS2/GCN/XBX/PC]
- Thief 2 [PC]
- Thief Gold [PC]
- Dark Vengeance [PC/Mac]
He has done creative direction, game design and project leadership for a range of studios with development experience in VR, 1st, 3rd, vehicles across action, combat, adventure, stealth, platforming, RPG, racing, combat, open world, and multiplayer gameplay types in studios large and small.
This event is co-hosted with the VR/AR Association (VRARA) is an international organization designed to foster collaboration between innovative companies and people in the virtual reality and augmented reality ecosystems. It accelerates growth, fosters education, helps develop industry standards and connects member organizations. The SF chapter of VRARA brings this mission to the geographic epicenter of VR and AR.