Actions and Detail Panel
Think With Ink: Graphic Facilitation Workshop
Tue, Apr 11, 2017, 8:00 AM – Thu, Apr 13, 2017, 4:00 PM EDT
Think With Ink is Lizard Brain Solutions' 3-day flagship graphic facilitation training. Limited to 16 learners, this is an intensive workshop that covers the essentials of using visuals to facilitate a group process. The workshop covers three areas:
- Technique: Markers, paper handling, color use, lettering, drawing, forms, levels of information, listening for synthesis.
- Models, Methods, and Tools: visual energizers and icebreakers, meeting principles and ground rules, and visual tools for brainstorming ideas, comparing ideas, and collaboratively deciding the way forward.
- Experiential Practice: hands-on exercises with an experienced graphic facilitator.
This workshop is meant for:
- The facilitator who wants to build a repertoire of visual tools,
- The graphic recorder or sketchnoter who wants to expand into graphic facilitation,
- The team member who wants to bring visual, participatory methods to the team,
- The consultant who wants to help clients think through problems in a visual manner, or
- The visual thinker, the whiteboard salesman, the data visualizer, or anyone that sits in the intersection of visuals and helping others solve problems.
You will receive:
- Book, Graphic Facilitation (includes DVD)
- Book, Fundamentals of Graphic Language
- Set of 8 Charters® Markers
- Roll of twenty-five-yard paper
- 5 pads of large yellow sticky notes
This hands-on, practice-driven workshop will give you everything you need to graphically facilitate groups through the toughest challenges.
To see some of the models, methods, and tools from Think With Ink, check out http://lizardbrainsolutions.com/think-with-ink
Will this teach me to graphic record?
Graphic recording is large-scale visual notetaking for groups. Graphic facilitation is using visuals to help move a group through a process. Although you can apply many of the graphic facilitation methods in Think With Ink to graphic recording, we will focus on visual group processes rather than on the aesthetics of graphic recording.
Will this teach me to graphic facilitate?
What can I bring into the event?
Please bring questions, comments, stories, favorite tools, examples, experiences, and a willingness to learn and share with others!
What's the refund policy?
Full refunds will be honored up to 72 hours in advance of the workshop (8:00AM on Tuesday, April 11.) Refunds will not be honored within 72 hours of the start time of the workshop.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.