COMMUNITY IMPACT SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE EXTENDED TO THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH AT 11:59PM
Telegraph Prep+ is our revamped 60+ hour, part-time class that helps you build the skills you need to prepare for the Telegraph Academy Admissions Challenge and Technical Interview. In Telegraph Prep+, you'll join a diverse community of serious and motivated beginners who want to come to the bootcamp of their dreams: Telegraph Academy. Having taught 450+ students in our Telegraph Prep program, many of whom have gone on to attend Telegraph Academy and other schools in the Hack Reactor Core network of schools, we know exactly what it takes to get into a leading software engineering immersive. Telegraph Prep+, a 6-week prep course on steroids, is the class to take if you want to level up your skills in preparation for admission to Telegraph Academy via the Hack Reactor technical interview.
So, what's new?
- Prerequisites must be completed in full by your scheduled course start date in order to begin the instructor-led portion
- a curriculum integrated with Github, so you'll practice cloning, pushing, pulling, and forking repos
- self-assessments to help you keep track of your progress
- technical interview prep, including additional preparation tips and a mock interview with an exceptional Telegraph Academy alum
- group discounts to make the class more affordable to you and your friends
- the tuition credit is back! If you get into Telegraph Academy, we'll apply the amount you've paid for Telegraph Prep+ to your tuition.
By the end of the course, you should:
- have 15+ hours of self-study, which helps you build autonomy, discipline and confidence prior to starting the instructor-led portion of the course
- be well on your way to mastering github workflow
- be familiar with test-driven development
- be more prepared to apply to Telegraph Academy and feel confident going into your technical interview
- make friends who will share in your journey!
Registration for Telegraph Prep+ ends two weeks before the start date of the course and the class fills quickly.
Telegraph Prep+ Class Schedule:
Monday through Thursday 6:30pm - 9:00pm PST, optional Sunday 11am - 3pm PST.
1. What's the commitment?
6 weeks of classes in the evenings and weekends. There are 24 mandatory evening classes in all, plus 6 optional weekend study sessions. Our expectation is that you will commit to the 24 evening classes and make an effort to attend weekend study sessions as needed. Telegraph Prep+ is meant to be as similar to Telegraph Academy as possible, so you can expect an intense class schedule. You and your classmates will spend at least 13 hours a week studying JavScript in the evenings and weekends, or 60+ hours of programming time total over the duration of the class.
2. I'm down for the 6 weeks, but I might need to miss a class or two. Is that ok?
No. If you're serious about launching your engineering career, you should not miss a Telegraph Prep+ class. You will fall behind and get discouraged. We've seen it before. We're just as serious as you are about helping you launch your career. We're putting in 60+ hours and we expect you to do so as well. It is highly discouraged to miss class.
3. What do I need to do to prepare for the course?
4. What's the cost?
On-site: $1499 for six weeks
Online Livestream: $299 for six weeks
If you are accepted into the Telegraph Academy full-time immersive program afterwards, 100% of the cost of this prep course will be put towards your tuition. (Note: If you pay a discounted amount, 100% of the amount you've paid will be put towards your tuition.)
5. Dang, I don't thing I can afford that. Are there discounts or scholarships available?
A limited amount of full and partial scholarships are available as well for the onsite class. Apply here.
**Offers cannot be combined.**
6. Can I take this class online?
For those of you who can't make it in person, we offer a livestream link. Livestreamers can follow along with 10 hours a week of lectures and exercises and have online access anytime to a chat channel with past and present students. When we have enough volunteers we offer chat help from TAs during class, though we can't guarantee one-on-one guidance or technical support. Note that the link is currently in beta, and sometimes we're smoothing out technical glitches during class. At $150 for 60 hours of lectures and exercises in real time with other students, we think it's the best $2.50 an hour you can devote to learning to code!
7. Am I guaranteed to get into Telegraph Academy after taking this course?
8. What is your cancellation policy?
Course fees are NONREFUNDABLE.
9. Where can I get more information about Telegraph Prep+ and Telegraph Academy?
10. I have more questions. Where do I direct them?
For anything not on our site, you can email us at email@example.com, or use the Contact Us form on our website. We'll get back to you soon.
"I took Prep because I wanted to commit to the journey of becoming a software engineer with more rigor. There are a myriad of resources available and going through tutorials is ok, but then you get stuck on what to do next. I needed more guidance and given all that Telegraph Prep had to offer as far as curriculum along with the mission, I felt that Prep was where I belonged." -Kristina Mcelveen, Software Engineer and Hacker-in-Residence at Telegraph Academy
"The livestream prepared me by facilitating a pair programming learning style. I worked on problems I had never seen with people I had never met, everyday. This would prove to be a very important aspect of the program, as it is what we spend the majority of our time doing in the 12-week bootcamp. Livestream also got me prepared for the many technical interviews I had scheduled the week after Prep ended. I was accepted into every school I interviewed for, including Telegraph Academy, Hack Reactor, and MakerSquare." Darryl Nunn, Software Engineer and Hacker-in-Residence at Telegraph Academy
NOTE: You will receive email with important info about the class throughout the session. Be sure to unblock email sent from @eventbrite.com and @telegraphacademy.com to be sure you receive messages. Also, double check that the email account you give when you buy your ticket is the one you will check for messages from us.