At #TeachmeetWork, we are inviting presentations from people who are invested in how to best prepare young people for 21st Century employment. We will hear from young people, employers, parents, educators and experts in what work looks like today and how it will evolve in the future.
We will explore the pathways open to young people including apprenticeships, internships and university. We will discuss the skills which are central to finding work, sustaining success and fulfilment.
We intend to create new connections within the learning and working community. In addition, we want to kickstart collaborations which will enhance young people's opportunities in Portsmouth and beyond.
Sponsored by: #teacher5aday
Here is a list of our speakers and their talks.
5.30pm Networking and Refreshments
5.45pm: Our Speakers
1. Steve Frampton MBE - Principal of Portsmouth College
2. Faye Carpenter - (Project Co-ordinator - Work Experience, Volunteering and Apprenticeships) and Genevieve Chamberlain - (Apprentice Teaching Assistant) : The Students' Viewpoints: 'Speaking from Experience'
3. Stephen Morton - A Parent's Perspective: 'Speaking from Experience'
4. Hayden Taylor - Founder of Unloc, Enterprise Education, Research and Student Forums: 'An Employer's Perspective'
5. Simon North (Careers Coach and Leadership Expert) and Naomi Ward (Education Connected) - 'Your Students: Creative, Resourceful and Whole'
6. Hannah Chivrall - Teacher and Outdoor Learning Expert: ‘Are we setting them up to fail? Awkward questions we ask young people… helpful or harmful? A retrospective perspective’
7. Stephan Caspar - Head of Media Development Southampton University: 'How Technology is Changing Work as we Knew It.'
8. Leah K Stewart - Host of the Politics in Education eCourse, Online Content Executive for the new Chartered College of Teaching and Poet: ‘Your Introverted Students and the World of Work - Standing Out without Shutting Down'
9. Hannah Wilson - Co-Founder of #WomenED, Head Teacher of Aureus School Oxford: 'The Power of a PLN'
We hope you can join us for this event.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any queries.