At #TeachmeetWork, we are inviting presentations from people who are invested in how to best prepare young people for 21st Century employment. We will hear from young people, employers, parents, educators and experts in what work looks like today and how it will evolve in the future.
We will explore the pathways open to young people including apprenticeships, internships and university. We will discuss the skills which are central to finding work, sustaining success and fulfilment.
We intend to create new connections within the learning and working community. In addition, we want to kickstart collaborations which will enhance young people's opportunities in Portsmouth and beyond.
The outline for the evening is as follows:
5.30pm Networking and Refreshments
5.45pm - 6.30pm: Speakers
1. Portmsouth College Students - Being a student in 2017
2. Steve Frampton - Principal of Portsmouth College
3. Hayden Taylor - Founder of Unloc talk tbc
4. Hannah Wilson - Co-Founder of #WomenED, Head Teacher of Aureus School Oxford talk tbc
7pm-7.30pm: Further Speakers and final thoughts.
1. A parent's viewpoint
2. Simon North and Naomi Ward - 21st Century World of Work and a Vision for Careers Education
3. Stephan Caspar - Head of Media Development Southampton University talk tbc
If you are interested in signing up to be a speaker, we have a few spots left. Talks must be between 5 and 10 minutes long. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com