San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The holiday season is all about celebrating with friends & family and what better way to spread the holiday cheer then by hacking, eggnog in hand, with our Startupbootcamp FinTech Family!
Come join Startupbootcamp FinTech NY as we kick-off the holiday season at our Winter Holiday Hackathon event *powered by AARP!
Our Sartupbootcamp Holiday Hackathon *powered by AARP will be taking place Friday, December 9th into Saturday, December 10th at Primary. Join us as we tackle FinTech challenges that are faced throughout all generations and participate in fun holiday themed activites!
What can you expect?
- Real challenges proposed by top industry partners
- Engagement with expert mentors who will challenge your business ideas
- Fun holiday themed activities throughout the event!
- Networking in an intimate setting with the opportunity to enhance your entrepreneurial skill set
- Exciting prizes that you won't find anywhere else!
Sign up now to register your spot, and tweet us at @sbcFinTech with the hashtag #sbcHolidayHack!
Interested in helping out? - If you're a hard worker who is interested in volunteering for the event, please contact the event organizer!
FinTech Family Challenges
- FinTech challenges that are faced throughout all generations.
1. Short Term / Day-to-Day Budgeting: Create a solution to help those aged 50+, who have different budgeting tactics, reach their short-term savings goals by leveraging behavioral economics. *presented by MasterCard
2. Lifecycles Changes vs Age Demographics: Singles are waiting until they are older to get married, couples are questioning having children, and graduates are spending years at home before becoming financially independent. Create a product that targets financial planning with updated lifestyle expectations and that can adjust based on different scenarios (“what if” analysis). *presented by RaboBank
3. Wealth Management - Build an enterprise solution for large financial institutions that helps solve the unique problems posed by the mass wealth distribution of baby boomers *presented by Deustche Bank
4. Fraud and Security: Those over 65 are 34% percent more likely have lost money on a financial scam than people in their 40s. Create a fraud detection service using unique API sets. *presented by Thomson Reuters
5. Longevity and Decumulation: With life expectancy rising to 80 and above, how can soon-to-be retirees get a full picture of their assets, liabilities, and social benefits, and figure how much they can afford to spend (draw down) on a daily basis? *presented by Santandar
AARP PREMIER SPONSOR CHALLENGE:
6. Financial Caregiving: Develop a product that can help adult children manage the finances and budgets of their aging parents, while allowing the seniors to maintain a degree of independence and dignity.
STAY TUNED FOR . . .
- Announcment of Judges
- Winning Criteria
- More sponsors and APIs
- Participant pack with detailed information
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, social welfare organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million, that helps people turn their goals and dreams into real possibilities, strengthens communities and fights for the issues that matter most to families – such as healthcare, employment and income security, and protection from financial abuse.
AARP’s vision is to catalyze innovation and entrepreneurship in the marketplace around breakthrough products, experiences, and business models for technologies benefiting the 50+.
Startupbootcamp FinTech New York Local Partners:
Save This Event
When & Where
Startupbootcamp FinTech New York
Startupbootcamp FinTech New York is the leading accelerator focused on financial innovation. We provide funding, mentorship, office space in the heart of Manhattan and access to a global network of corporate partners, mentors, investors and VCs, for up to 10 selected FinTech startups across the globe.