Actions and Detail Panel
“Stand Up For Science” Rally
Sat, April 22, 2017, 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM PDT
Join colleagues and other members of the Bay Area life sciences community as we stand up for science. This is an opportunity to speak out for robust funding of research and our shared values of diversity and inclusion in advancing scientific discovery.
The “Stand Up for Science” rally — which UC San Francisco is hosting in partnership with the California Life Sciences Association and Gladstone Institutes — will feature comments from leaders in the health sciences on the fundamental importance of a vibrant scientific enterprise to America and the world.
- Introductions by UCSF Chancellor Sam Hawgood and Gladstone Institutes President R. Sanders Williams
- Hana El-Samad, Associate Professor, UCSF Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Paul Hastings, CEO, Oncomed
- Regis Kelly, Byers Family Distinguished Professor at UCSF, and Director, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences (QB3)
- Cynthia Kenyon, Vice President of Aging Research, Calico
At the rally, you’ll have an opportunity to take part in a science advocacy effort by filling out postcards that will be hand-delivered to your local Congressional representative in Washington D.C.
The first 500 attendees of the rally will also receive a “Stand Up For Science” t-shirt.
Please RSVP to attend.