Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
On December 3, 2016 we are organizing a Microsoft Data Platform conference called SQL Saturday Prague 2016 where you can register for FREE! As part of this conference we are offering paid full day workshops with hands on labs and this is one of them:
Agile Data warehouse design with BIML
- Have you ever needed to develop hundreds of similar SSIS packages?
- Have you ever been in a situation where you need to refactor some code in all this packages because of a design change to the underlying data?
- Do you want to adopt a more agile approach towards data warehouse design?
- If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this full day of training is for you.
You will need to bring your own laptop for this full day of hands on training, where we will start by introducing BIML (Business Intelligence Markup Language), showing the syntax, the tools. We will then move on from BIML to BIMLScript and guide you to building a reusable, extensible metadata driven solutions (built on MDS, a simple database or even Excel) for generating the SSIS packages used for your ETL process.
Underway we'll have a look at how to implement common data warehouses patterns in BIML such as early arriving facts, slowly changing dimensions and change data capture.
We will teach you how to use source control and continuous integration of your BIML solution.
What you will leave this session with is the foundation for a BIML Script framework, that will allow you to tear-down and recreate your ETL process in minutes, instead of having to recode each package by hand.
- A working knowledge of SSIS and ETL concepts
- A working laptop with Visual Studio installed (even the Express edition)
- Basic knowledge of C# programming