Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Welcome to a premiere elementary and middle school Hackathon organized by Computer Programming for All, Inc (CPFA). All funds (100%) raised by CPFA will go to underprivileged schools.
There are numerous awards for the best performing teams.
1. Elementary school - beginner: for 5th & 6th grade students that have less than 1 year of Scratch experience.
2. Elementary school - advanced: for 5th & 6th grade students that have more than 1 year of Scratch experience.
3. Middle school - beginner: for 7th & 8th grade students that have less than 1 year of Scratch experience.
4. Middle school - advanced: for 7th & 8th grade students that have more than 1 year of Scratch experience.
1. Students must be in 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade on the date of the competition. Older students are now allowed. Exceptional younger students that want to join an older child to qualify should contact us first before registering.
2. Teams will be of 2 kids. You can sign up solo or with another person. If you sign up solo, you will be paired up with a team on the day of the event.
3. Each team must bring their own computer with Wifi connectivity and a browser. Please Join and create Scratch online account before the event at https://scratch.mit.edu/.
4. Working knowledge of Scratch is required. This Hackathon is not appropriate for complete beginners. There will be a "help desk" available in case the team gets stuck.
5. Parents are invited to join the awards ceremony to encourage the kids. however, they are not permitted in the competition rooms. If parents choose to stay onsite during the competition, they can feel free to hang out in the lunch room.