Reporting Audit Results - Effectively, Professionally, Promptly
Friday, January 20, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM (EST)
Course Title: Reporting Audit Results - Effectively, Professionally, Promptly (8 CPE)
The course starts with the IIA Standards related to audit reporting then focuses on preparing accurate and concise audit issues using the five elements of an audit issue. Next, we cover types of audit reports, maturity models and other state-of-the-art techniques for audit reporting. The COSO internal control framework is embedded into the course, including linking audit issues to COSO Principles and using COSO as the basis for maturity models.
- Learn about audit reporting best practices and techniques used by other audit departments
- Practice linking audit issues to control frameworks
- Explore the use maturity models to report the status of controls
- Self-assess and improve your own reporting processes
- Audit reporting overview
- Criteria for reporting audit issues
- Audit reporting standards
- Other reports auditors prepare
- Reporting results to management and the Board
Reporting Audit Issues
- Use of formal, timely audit memorandum
- Distinguish effect and impact
- Cause and recommendation, or action plan
- Linking to internal control frameworks
- Criteria is key – role of a control framework
- Condition – sufficient, competent, relevant evidence
- Design adequacy and operational effectiveness
- Three levels of audit reports
- Audit ratings and opinions
- Use of maturity models to rate controls
Reporting to Management and the Board
- What does the Board expect from audit reporting?
- The role of a risk and control framework
- Distribution – determining who gets what
- Reporting management responses to issues
- Interpreting report metadata – what reports are saying
Date: Friday, January 20, 2017
Time: 8:30 – 5:00 (Registration starts at 8:00)
Notes: Continental Breakfast, Lunch and Coffee Breaks included
CPE Credits Available: Attendance at this course will make you eligible for up to 8 Continuous Professional Education hours, depending on the number of sessions you attend. CPE certificates will be distributed at the completion of the Conference. It is imperative you provide an accurate e-mail address when you register.
The Insitutute of Internal Auditors Baltimore Chapter is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Field of Study: Auditing
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Basic. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation needed.
Refund Policy and Complaint Policy: For more information regarding our administrative policies, such as our refund policy and complaint policy, please visit our website www.baltimoreiia.org>Policies or contact Liz Brogan at email@example.com.
When you attend the training, please bring shelf-stable food and snack items and personal care items (see below for wish list items) to benefit the USO International Gateway Lounge at Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI). The USO International Gateway Lounge serves as a “home away from home” for military personnel and their families who travel through BWI. The lounge provides them with hot meals, snacks, toiletries, and other supplies.
Thank you for your generous giving!
|New/gently used children’s’ books||Soups in microwavable cups/bowls|
|Snacks (single serving): cereal bars; granola bars; peanuts; trail mix; fruit snacks; Goldfish; Tastykakes; potato chips; pretzels; cookies; popcorn; jerky, etc.||Toiletries (travel size): deodorant; shaving cream; razors; shampoo; conditioner; lotion|
|Chocolates||Non-aspirin and aspirin tablets|
|Sandwich crackers – cheese or peanut butter||Unused restaurant gift cards|
|Hot cocoa mix||Soups in microwavable cups/bowls|
Larry Hubbard is a professional trainer and consultant with a broad background in accounting, auditing, and finance. Prior to founding Larry Hubbard & Associates, Larry's work experience included Mobil Corporation and Ernst & Young.
In addition to conducting his own training seminars, Larry frequently conducts training for other associations, such as The Institute of Internal Auditors.
You can get more info at LinkedIn, or on the web. http://www.linkedin.com/in/larryhubbard
+1(301)529-8118 mobile - preferred
+1(301)541-8277 - office