Actions and Detail Panel
Raising Chickens 101
Sat, April 1, 2017, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM CDT
Dane County UW-Extension is offering a workshop for beginning, novice, and advanced chicken owners, or for those who are looking at buying chickens.
Come with your questions! UW-Madison's poultry specialist, Ron Kean, and UW-Extension's poultry expert, Adam Hady, will be on hand presenting on management and disease prevention.
- Selecting the Right Breed - Adam Hady, Richland County Agriculture Educator
- Preventing Common Diseases - Ron Kean, Poultry Extension Specialist, UW-Madison
- Veterinary Feed Directive Update - Jennifer Blazek, Dane County Dairy & Livestock Educator
- Marketing Your Poultry Products - Jennifer Blazek, Dane County Dairy & Livestock Educator
- Rules, Regulations, and Licensing, Oh My! - DATCP, Division of Food and Recreational Safety
- Managing Poultry for Success - Ron Kean, Poultry Extension Specialist, UW-Madison & Adam Hady, Richland County Agriculture Educator