OSGi Developer Certification - Professional Level Exam
The OSGi Developer Certification - Professional Level (OSGi-DCP) exam is for individual IT professionals, developers, who are skilled in the use of OSGi technology. To sit the exam it is recommended that you should have gained some practical experience using OSGi and have a good understanding of the OSGi R5 specification topics as outlined in the Exam topics listed on the Developer Certification pages of the OSGi Alliance website.
The benefits of obtaining the cerification include:
- Proof of knowledge and skills
- Recognition in the industry
- Increased confidence from your peers, customers, etc in your OSGi skills
- Certification verification tool for employers
- Use of the certification logo on business cards and blogs
The exam is 3 1/2 hours in duration and is made up of three sections:
- Section 1 - written questions and answers, consisting of both multiple choice and open questions.
- Section 2 – a practical assignment with working deliverables developed and submitted for assessment.
- Section3 - a practical troubleshooting assignment. Here OSGi bundles are provided and answers should be written on the exam paper.
The exam will be marked by an OSGi Expert from an OSGi Alliance member company that has been approved by the OSGi Alliance Board to review and mark the completed exam papers.
- All candidates sitting the exam are required to bring with them government issued photographic ID (e.g. passport or driving license) and a laptop. For full details of what you are required to bring with you please click here.
- No network access will be provided during the exam.
- Use of the internet, Instant Messaging or Cell Phones during the exam is strictly prohibited.
- An electronic copy of the OSGi R5 specifications will be provided.
Student Discount Available
Qualifying full time students are able to sit the exam for a discounted price of $200. Please contact us by email to confirm your student status and receive your discount code.
Please contact us via email.
Save This Event
When & Where
The OSGi Alliance is a worldwide consortium of technology innovators that advances a proven and mature process to create open specifications that enable the modular assembly of software built with Java technology. Modularity reduces software complexity; OSGi is the best model to modularize Java.
The OSGi technology facilitates the componentization of software modules and applications and assures remote management and interoperability of applications and services over a broad variety of devices. Building systems from in-house and off-the-shelf OSGi modules increases development productivity and makes them much easier to modify and evolve. The OSGi technology is delivered in many Fortune Global 100 company products and services and in diverse markets including enterprise, mobile, home, telematics and consumer.
The alliance provides specifications, reference implementations, test suites and certification to foster a valuable cross-industry ecosystem. Member companies collaborate within an egalitarian, equitable and transparent environment and promote adoption of OSGi technology through business benefits, user experiences and forums. The alliance also promotes collaboration among important ecosystem players within and outside the OSGi Alliance in order to provide the market with innovative solutions based on open standards.
Adoption of the component-based platform reduces time-to-market and development costs because it enables integration of pre-built and pre-tested modules. It reduces maintenance costs and provides aftermarket opportunities because networks are used to dynamically update or deliver services and applications in the field.
Member company industries include leading service and content providers, infrastructure/network operators, utilities, enterprise software vendors, software developers, gateway suppliers, consumer electronics/device suppliers (wired and wireless) and research institutions.
The OSGi Alliance is a non-profit corporation founded in March 1999.