Optimize Your Brain: Awaken Your Full Potential With Meditation
Once it was thought that the brain was incapable of changing. Now we know that’s not the case, and that our thoughts and other mental activities almost literally rewire and sculpt our brains. One of the most potent tools for changing the brain—and thus our ability to live happy and fulfilling lives—is meditation.
Hundreds of studies on the effectiveness of meditation are now carried out each year in research institutions and universities around the world. The evidence is now conclusive that meditating regularly, even for just a few minutes a day, has substantial benefits for our lives and our health.
In Optimize Your Brain we’ll draw on the latest research to explore a variety of approaches to meditation that can help to bring about these, and other, beneficial changes.
You’ll learn how to activate states of calm instead of worry; kindness and compassion instead of irritability and anger; mindful presence instead of distractedness; and joy instead of sadness and despair.
This course will help you to experience:
- Improved focus and concentration
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Enhanced ability to think creatively
- Increased compassion and empathy
- Greater emotional resilience
- Improved memory
- Enhancements to general intelligence
- Slowed aging in the brain
- Heightened feelings of happiness and well-being
Clear, practical and down-to-earth, this course will help you to transform not just your brain, but your life. You’ll receive:
- Daily guidance in the form of an email from Bodhipaksa, containing reflections and meditation instructions
- Six guided meditation recordings (average length, 20–25 minutes)
- An online community where you can share your experiences, ask questions, and receive support and encouragement
What other participants have said
- “The insights in the teachings are something I will ponder over happily many times in the future.” Jane S.
- “Thanks Bodhipaksa for the teachings and for being there. I’m growing no matter what. Little by little. And you have contributed loads. Many thanks for sharing your wisdom and time.” Maria B.
- “What a wonderful experience, and so much learning!” Victoria M.
- “Thank you so much for this course. It was extremely helpful and an amazing way to start each day.” Keith A.
About the instructor
Bodhipaksa has been practicing Buddhist meditation for over 30 years, and teaching for around 25 years. He formerly taught meditation in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of Montana, and for several years ran a thriving retreat center in the Scottish Highlands. He is the author of more than a dozen books and audiobooks, and has been published in six languages. In 2001 he founded Wildmind, an online meditation center. He has been a member of the Triratna Buddhist order since 1993. He is originally from Scotland, but now lives in New Hampshire. He has two children.
Scholarships are available
A limited number of scholarships are available for those who would like to participate but are unable to make a donation. If you would like to take advantage of one of these scholarships, please write to us: email@example.com.
Questions, comments, problems?