"Navigating CRC --From A to Z"
Saturday, March 25, 2017 from 7:00 AM to 1:30 PM (CDT)
“This “half day” 5 contact hour conference is set to help you navigate through your GI knowledge of Colorectal Cancer and all aspects of patient care; screening, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care.”
- To provide continuing education for gastroenterology nurses and associates
- To foster evidence-based practice in gastroenterology
- To facilitate networking among GI and endoscopy professionals
- To promote SGNA-WSGNA; our professional national and regional organizations respectively.
Every attempt to present sessions as described in this brochure will be made. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to cancel presentations or make substitutions of comparable quality due to unforeseen circumstances.
7:00 - 7:50 Registration/ Continental Breakfast/ Vendors/ Silent Auction
7:50 - 8:00 Welcome/ Announcements
8:00 - 9:00 CRC and Legislation ~ Kelly Kuster, BA, Activist/CRC Survivor/Advocate
9:00 - 10:00 CRC Surgery ~ Kirk A. Ludwig, MD, FACS, FASCRS
10:00 - 11:00 Break / Visit Vendors/ Silent Auction
11:00 - 12:00 CRC and Endoscopy ~ Darren D. Ballard, MD, Gastroenterology
12:00 - 1:00 Nurse Navigation in Colorectal Cancer ~ Sue Luedcke, RN, BSN.
WSGNA 2017 CRC Puzzle ~ Anna Werth, RN, CGRN (You have all morning to complete)
1:00 - 1:15 Closing Remarks/ Evaluations/ Award Certificates/ Silent Auction
Kelly Kuster, BA, CRC Survivor/Activist/Advocate
Kirk A. Ludwig, MD, FACS, FASCRS, Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin
Sue Luedcke, RN, BSN ~ Oncology RN Navigator. Columbia-St. Mary's, Ascension; Milwaukee
Anna Werth, RN, CGRN ~ Moorland Reserve Health Center
The course syllabus is “green” and will be available online starting March 20th. Thank you for continuing to “GO GREEN”!
4700 North Port Washington Rd
RATE: $104/ night for standard room
Make your reservations using this online link: Wisconsin Society of Gastroenterology
Price is good through March15th. Reserve your room now!
1. Will there be a Silent Auction like those at previous conferences?
YES! A SILENT AUCTION will again be taking place at this conference to help raise funds for educational scholarships. Have you something to donate? Please contact Lynn Miller. And, THANK YOU! (Cash or Checks accepted for payment.)
2. Don't know what to do before or after this 'half-day' conference?
Check this link out for suggestions and then PLAN AWAY! http://visitmilwaukee.org/
3. Why the extra fee for viewing the course remotely (live stream as it happens)?
The Planning Committee and BOD thought about this alot before moving forward and offering this option... WSGNA really needs your physical presence at the conference for our vendors who in turn support our educational events-- yet, WSGNA totally understands the "changing climate in how we access knowledge" when it comes to family, financial, and time constraints. This 'extra' small fee helps to make 'live streaming' possible in part as it does not come without cost. If you have any questions, please contact the program chair, Lynn Miller, or the Education Committee Chair, Margaret Hauser-Ullman.
4. What are the requirements for viewing the live stream?
- The computer or device an 'end viewer' (you/your group) uses to watch the stream should have most up-to-date version of the operating system, browser, and flash player (if viewing on desktop).
- The computer or device also needs an internet connection that can handle downloading the stream — for example, if the Field59 customer stream is outputting 1.5 Mbps and 750 Kbps stream bitrates, then the minimum download bandwidth the end viewer needs should be greater than 750 Kbps. This can be checked at: http://www.speedtest.net/
Save This Event
When & Where
WSGNA ~ Wisconsin Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates
Wisconsin Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates – now celebrating 20 years on the web. WSGNA is a regional society and a chartered chapter of / and affiliated with the National Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates since 1987.
We are a professional organization made up of nurses and other healthcare providers from around the state of Wisconsin. We function in administrative, clinical, educational, and/or research roles in the management of individuals with gastrointestinal and other health issues requiring endoscopy.