Actions and Detail Panel
Lean UX in the Enterprise - Pittsburgh - Full Day Workshop
Tue, April 18, 2017, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED DUE TO THE WINTER STORM HAPPENING ON MARCH 13-15 ON THE EAST COAST.
THE NEW DATE IS APRIL 18.
ALL TICKETS SOLD FOR THE ORIGINAL DATE WILL BE HONORED. IF YOU CAN'T MAKE THE NEW DATE, PLEASE EMAIL JEFF@GOTHELF.CO.
FIRST TIME EVER IN PITTSBURGH!
Put a brain on your Agile process & build more integrated product discovery and delivery streams
Pittsburgh, PA - Full Day Workshop with Jeff Gothelf, co-author of Lean UX and Sense & Respond
Every attendee gets a free copy of Lean UX 2nd Edition.
What people are saying about Jeff's workshop:
"I found the workshop extremely beneficial on both a personal and a team level. I really enjoyed how the day was broken down into pockets of lecturing and group activities to practice the lessons discussed. Even having read Jeff’s book, practicing the exercises within the team made It clear how beneficial the approach can be."
"I found the Lean UX workshop really helpful. It made a refreshing change to hear some opinions from an experienced external source of how we can make agile work in ways other than how we already are. The contrast between the formulation of assumptions and experiments to our usual story generation and QA testing gave a valuable insight into how we can decide on our MVP, and refine how we define our priorities when scoping out work. The time spent was well worth it."
Why you should attend:
Agile has taken over the software development world. As a result we've created highly-efficient software engineering teams incentivized to get bug-free code shipped quickly. However, Scrum, or common Agile practice, as it’s commonly taught, isn’t enough to create successful products. What we've failed to do is empower these teams with the decision-making mechanism necessary to decide:
- What should we work on?
- What's the best prioritization for our work?
- When is it done? (Shipping != done)
- Is it meeting customer expectations?
- Shoud we continue to design and optimize this feature?
Every attendee gets a free copy of Jeff's new book, Sense & Respond.
It is imperative that our product teams understand how to practice effective product discovery methods which can simultaneously feed our product delivery efforts.
The most effective way to achieve this is in collaborative, cross-functional teams that base their decisions on evidence from the market. These teams make objective decisions through hypothesis and experimentation. They bring together product design, user experience, engineering, product management and organizational leadership in a customer-centric effort to build the right product and to build the product right.
Jeff Gothelf is an expert in teaching teams how to work in this collaborative fashion and has captured these ideas in his book, Lean UX: Designing Great Products With Agile Teams. In addition, his new management book, Sense & Respond, seeks to inspire organizational changes that support this new way of working.
Who should attend:
- Product leaders
- General Managers
- VP's and Directors of Product
- VP's and Directors of UX
- CTO's and VP's of Engineering
These folks take the learnings back to their teams. Alternatively, these same organizations send colleagues new to their product teams to get this training in preparation for joining the team.
Learn how to use the Lean UX Canvas and many other collaboration and facilitation tools.
These workshops sell out well in advance, so don't hesitate to reserve your seats.
What you will learn:
In this fun, high-energy & hands-on workshop, Jeff will teach you and your teams:
- How to use the Lean UX canvas
- How to structure parallel path product discovery and delivery processes
- How to make evidence-based, customer-centric prioritization decisions
- How to improve communication between designers, developers, product managers and executives
- How to build agile cross-functional collaboration in Scrum environments
- How to impress the value of good user experience design on the rest of the organization
- How to build a culture of learning and experimentation
- How to drive innovative efforts in your startup, high-growth company or enterprise
- How to leverage customers as the best source of information
- How to bring resarch, design, writing and engineering together in one continuous learning and delivery cycle
- How to use the Lean UX Canvas to facilitate productive brainstorming sessions
Who is teaching this workshop:
Jeff Gothelf, author of Lean UX and Sense & Respond.
Jeff is a designer, product strategist, team leader and author. He's been teaching teams across the world to rave reviews. Jeff has been creating software products for nearly 20 years with companies like AOL, Fidelity, WebTrends & TheLadders and Neo Innovation.
Every attendee of the workshop gets a free copy of the 2nd edition of Lean UX and Jeff's new book Sense & Respond.
Read Jeff's blog here: www.jeffgothelf.com
See what he has to say on Twitter: @jboogie