Join Jabil and the University of South Florida Muma College of Business for a special Hackathon event that emphasizes the role of IT in manufacturing. Jabil is partnering with USF to challenge students to design and create sustainable software that breaks the barriers in technology and make a global impact.
There has been an increasing focus on chatbots within the tech community. Chatbot have been integrated into Facebook messenger, Twitter feeds etc. The goal of this Hackathon is to explore chatbots usage in the world of manufacturing. This hackathon focuses on acting like a knowledge base for the operators on the floor or act like an intelligent assistant. This is an avenue to explore the various possibilities in this space.
The competition will consist of 6 teams of 4 members each with an option of adding a Jabil employee, who acts as a potential coach. A judging board will be establish with a wide range of technology leaders, and both School and Jabil Representatives providing and overall enhanced mixed of education and manufacturing workplace experience
1. Participants must be 18 years or older and enrolled at USF at the time the hackathon takes place
2. All participants provide their own equipment
3. Participants will form their own teams and identify a team leader
4. All demos must be submitted within the time parameters of the event as defined by Jabil
5. Participants will own all intellectual property for their work completed at the hackathon
2. Technical capabilities
3. Practical application
Date and Time
The University of South Florida Muma College of Business, Tampa, Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, Florida 33620