San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Hoover Elementary School Students in Grades 2-5
Conducted by Learningtech.org®
Wednesdays, 1:35 PM - 3:05 PM (September 7 through December 7)
$390 for 13-session series
Format and Topics
Students learn and explore with a variety of materials and software. This will include:
- Scratch - Code.org
- Thymio Robots - Makey Makey & Scratch
- Mindstorms Robotics
Students will start with Code.org or Scratch and progress to Mindstorms and Scratch with Makey Makey.
Third graders can be considered for Text-based Coding after one quarter of Graphics-based coding and with permission of instructor. All students registering should have basic keyboarding and file management skills.
Come chat with us at the Ice Cream Social on Tuesday!
- How can I find out more?
- Send email to Dr. Len Erickson (lerickson at learningtech.org)
- Or call 650-400-3175
- Through Labor Day, contact Dr. Mark Miller (650-598-0105 x203, mlmiller at learningtech.org)
- What is the refund policy?
- Cancellations up to 1 week before first session: 90% of amount paid
- After that, 50% of the pro rata amount for the remaining sessions can be refunded
- Are any scholarships available?
One or two scholarships can be made available, based on financial need. Please contact the school's after school coordinators to confirm eligibility and availability.
- What happens if this gets cancelled?
This event requires a minimum of 12 paid participants. If the minimum is not met, participants will be notified 1 week before the first session and full refunds will be provided.
- What is the maximum enrollment?
Max 16 regular enrollments plus 1-2 scholarship enrollments.
- If my child misses a day, can I get a pro rata refund?
No. Managing this becomes far too complicated. Sorry!
- If my child misses a day, will they fall hopelessly behind?
No. We work with every child to ensure they are making good progress. Work is largely self-paced.
- Are students from other schools welcome?
Not at this offering, sorry! Let us know if you are interested in a similar offering at your school!
When & Where
- Web: http://www.learningtech.org/workshops
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 650-598-0105
Please visit our web site for more information about our organization and programs.