San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Go Bootcamp is a 3 day class providing a comprehensive and idiomatic view of the Go programming language. The class covers topics ranging from language syntax, OOP, concurrency, channels, testing, debugging and more. Great for anyone interested in getting a jump start on learning Go or wanting to understand more about the language and internals.
Day 1: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
On this day we take our initial tour of the language. We learn about variables, types, data structures and OOP. We also explore what is idiomatic and how the language is very orthogonal. This includes following the community standards for coding and style.
Day 2: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
On this day we go deeper into Go. We learn about packaging, error handling, concurrency, race conditions and channels.
Day 3: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
On this day we continue to go deeper into Go. We learn about concurrency patterns, testing, benchmarking, profilng, standard library and http.
Teaching: William Kennedy
William Kennedy is a managing partner at Ardan Studios in Miami, FL, a mobile, web and systems development company. He is also the co-author of the book Go In Action, the author of the blog GoingGo.Net and the organizer for the Go and MongoDB meetups in Miami.
Minimal Qualified Student:
- Programming Studied CS in school or has a minimum of two years of experience programming full time professionally.
- Familiar with structural and object oriented programming styles. Has worked with arrays, lists, queues and stacks.
- Understands processes, threads and synchronization at a high level.
- Operating Systems
- Has worked with a command shell.
- Knows how to maneuver around the file system.
- Understands what environment variables are.
What a student is expected to learn:
- Strong understanding of the language syntax and implementation.
- A feel for writing code in an idiomatic style and syntax.
- Walk away with patterns and techniques for solving common problems.
When & Where
Ardan Labs provides on-site corporate and individual training classes for the Go programming language. We have developed 2, 3 and 4 day bootcamp style courses to help existing programmers learn the features of the language and how to write idiomatic Go. We can also develop specialized training programs to meet your specific needs.
At Ardan Studios we dream big and ask all of our clients to do so as well. With a focused set of principles, we deliver products that work, grow and adapt to the ever changing marketplace. If you're serious about getting your ideas realized into a product that can be sold and marketed, we are too. Don't wait, contact us today!