San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
First-Step to Entrepreneurship Q & A (formerly called Introduction to Entrepreneurship Q&A) is the NJSBDC at Rutgers-Newark interactive seminar for all entrepreneurs seeking to start a small business in New Jersey. This seminar will cover what an entrepreneur need to know about starting and operating a business in New Jersey. It is a 2 hour roundtable seminar that provides an opportunity for attendees interested in starting a business to discuss start-up issues or questions with an SBDC business expert.
- Selecting Your business legal structure (i.e. LLC,C & S Corps/Partnerships/Sole Proprietor)
- Online Business Registration with New Jersey
- Registering for taxes with the NJ Department of Revenue
- NJ Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Certification
- NJ Licenses & Permits (including Departments to obtain)
- IRS Schedule C & Getting a Federal Tax ID (EIN #)
- Source/Types of Funding + Alternative Microloan Lender
- Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Business Code
All participants will receive training materials and handouts included in the cost.
Cost to attend: $10.
Cash or money orders ONLY accepted at the door.
Advanced payment will guarantee your SEAT. First come, first served policy applied.
When & Where
NJSBDC at Rutgers-Newark
The New Jersey Small Business Development Center (NJSBDC) at Rutgers-Newark is the premier provider of strategic, growth focused business training and technical assistance services to established small businesses and start-up entrepreneurs. With the Center’s motto to offer the “Right Strategy, Smart Growth, Infinite Possibilities” supports our mission to help entrepreneurs and business owners start and grow sustainable, successful small business through the delivery of appropriate training and technical assistance services and programs.