In this one day class you will learn about the microservice architecture, its benefits and drawbacks, and when to use it. Topics covered include:
- Overview of microservices
- Options for deploying microservices
- Microservices communication mechanisms: service<=>service and client<=>application
- Service discovery in a microservices architecture
- Event-driven microservices
- Refactoring to microservices
This class includes a lab where we will deploy a microservice application with Docker.
The class is taught by Chris Richardson.
This class was fantastic. Chris communicates complex concepts clearly. His sense of humor and calm nature are real strengths and he really helped my team build confidence. It was refreshing to learn about microservices architecture from someone who not only understood the decisions & tradeoffs we will need to manage but has the ability and experience to present pros and cons in a balanced way.
Dave King, CTO - NAV