Creating Sustainable Cities: Pathways to Action
Creating Sustainable Cities: Pathways to Action will provide a unique platform for students, organizations, and employers to meet and learn about exciting opportunities in fields related to urban sustainability.
Topics will include local ecosystem restoration and resilience, urban transportation, tools for urban sustainability, avenues of community involvement, and the rise of citizen science. The goal of the event is to introduce high school and college students to the concept of urban sustainability and create awareness for opportunities to get engaged.
• CUNY Institute for Sustainable Cities (Hunter College)
• Women’s Environment and Development Organization
• Billion Oyster Project
• Regional Plan Association
• NOAA-CREST (City College)
• Science and Resiliency Institute at Jamaica Bay (Brooklyn College)
• Mechanical Gardens Coop
• Duro UAS