Actions and Detail Panel
Climbing Strategy Mountain: Mindset and tools to amplify your value
Tue, July 11, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM BST
Climbing Strategy Mountain:
Mindset and tools to amplify your value
Based on Dave’s recent book published by UXPin, this full-day workshop on strategic planning will add or enhance the skill of strategic thinking that few designers are taught in their career paths. Thinking strategically is a valuable skill especially for those wishing to take on roles of leadership and management. This workshop will teach mid-level practitioners and managers to think and plan strategically utilizing a set of valuable frameworks that can be used with cross-functional teams upon returning to work after the workshop.
The workshop will have 3 sections that follow the primary metaphor of a mountain climb. First, the creation of a vision that helps you find the “peak” your expedition will advance towards. Then map out the “path” you’ll use to achieve the goal of the vision, and helps all stakeholders with related goals along the way. Finally, how to use the key points along the path to observe, measure, reflect, evaluate, learn and adapt.
Attendees of this workshop will gain the following insights and abilities:
- Insight into how an outcomes-oriented approach to strategy can help individuals create value for your organization.
- A methodology for project planning their day to day activities to meet strategically valuable goals.
- A framework that will allow them to go back to work and apply strategic thinkng at any level of zoom inside their organization.
This workshop would be valuable to the following roles in senior indivdual contributor or management roles:
- Product Managers
- Content Strategists
By taking this workshop you'll be able to go back to work with a strategic mindset and set of tools that will amplify your own contribution to your own organization as well as your team's.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please feel free to contact the organizer at email@example.com.
What's the refund policy?
- Early bird tickets can get a full refund only if we do not sell all of them by the end of March and are otherwise non-refundable.
- All other ticket types are non-refundable, but feel free to transfer them to another person.