Actions and Detail Panel
Career Building Block Series - Workshop #3: Public Speaking
Thu, April 6, 2017, 5:15 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
Career Building Block Series
Workshop #3: Public Speaking
Thursday, April 6, 2017
- Practice public speaking with your peers in small groups of three in a private setting.
- Prepare for and deliver three short presentations in two categories of public speaking, plus a group presentation:
- Informative (3 min.)
- Persuasive (3 min.)
- Group presentation with your colleagues (5 min.)
- For each presentation, participants will freely choose from a wide variety of general, non-technical topics.
- Guest speaker Jeanne Wiedt from Dale Carnegie Training will provide guidance on public speaking.
Are you new to public speaking and want to learn how to be an effective public speaker?
Do you frequently need to speak to a group or give presentations and want to improve your technique?
Do you want to practice your public speaking skills in a safe, fun environment?
If you answered YES then this workshop is for you!!
5:15p: Registration and Dinner
Earn 1.5 PDH and learn how to become a better public speaker by practicing with your peers.
This workshop provides a learn-by-doing environment to practice or strengthen public speaking skills needed to be effective in your current role or to prepare for future opportunities.
Anyone who wants to develop or improve their public speaking skills.
Facilitated by the ASCE Workshop Committee:
Jennie S. Celik, PE, HDR
Tim M. Gilbert, PE, TimkenSteel
Ted M. Howard, PS Construction Fabrics
Ruth A. Klee, PE, GPD Group
Registration deadline: Monday, April 3, 2017
What are my parking options getting to the event?
Parking is available in the State Street parking deck (behind Barley House). Your parking ticket will be validated by Arcadis for free parking. Specific instructions for parking and directions to the Arcadis office will be emailed to all participants.
What type of topics will we be choosing from?
There will be over 50 general, non-technical topics to choose from such as "The benefits of pet ownership"; "How to relax after a busy day"; "Paper or Plastic?"; "Advantages of living in Northeast Ohio"; and "How to make a pizza".
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Ruth Klee at email@example.com, 330-572-3607