Actions and Detail Panel
Building the market for bio-based construction products: the role of skills...
Wed, March 22, 2017, 12:00 PM – 4:30 PM CET
The ISOBIO project is pleased to invite you to its third workshop, this time focusing on the importance of skills and standards for the take up of bio-based construction products.
Natural construction materials have made a revival in the past few years, in part due to their lower environmental impact. But in order for them to return to mainstream use, better product standardisation as well as skills training will be essential.
Join us and speakers from the sector to discuss current actions being taken and debate the way forward.
12:00 Networking lunch
13:00 Sustainable construction: materials and methods
- Mike Lawrence, University of Bath - ISOBIO: a radical approach to using natural construction materials at scale
- Patricio Moreno, Acciona - Integrating the supply chain for natural materials
- Valentin Colson, Cavac - Non traditional vs traditional insulation solutions: How to integrate bio-based materials into the French regulation
14:00 Skills and standards in bio-based construction: case studies
- Rowland Keable, Earth Building UK and Ireland - Addressing the Gap: Skills Training Initiatives in the UK Earth Building Sector
- Ken de Cooman, BC architects & studies - Breaking down the triangle client-architect-contractor: new building processes using in situ local materials
- Ulrich Röhlen, The German Association for Building with Earth - Building with Earth: Standards and Skills in Germany
- Howard Jeffrey, Skanska - The ECO-SEE project: Aims, challenges and preliminary results
15:30 Panel debate with speakers of the day