Actions and Detail Panel
AI in Service robotics and Mini Robot
Sun, February 26, 2017, 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM PST
- Registration link: tech-meetup-02-26-2017.eventbrite.com/
- Event link: (Bay Area) AI in Service robotics and Mini Robot
- Language: Chinese
- Time: 1:30PM ~ 4:00PM, 02/26/2017, Sunday
- Location: Suite 300 (Floor 3), 4500 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm: Reception and social time
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm: Talk and QA
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm: offline networking
The presentation will use MYNT sDeno robot (“小觅机器人”) as an example, to discuss the market and applications of service robot, a sector predicted to grow to $80 billion USD by 2020. sDeno was rated by Bloomberg as the “cutest service robot” when it was introduced at CES 2016, and later on won numerous rewards. It has been deployed at places including Forbidden City as sales assistant, receptionist at company front desk, and tour guide at exhibitions. The talk will be given by Dr. Leo Pang, the Founder and CEO of Slightech, an AI powered smart hardware and robot startup in Silicon Valley, which also has offices in Beijing and Wuxi.
Dr. Linyong Pang is the co-founder and CEO of Slightech, and has 14 start-up experience, management, entrepreneur in Sillicon Valley. He had founed 4 companies, and 1 NSQDAQ IPO. 2 of his companies were sold. Dr. Pang has 31 patents, 25 pending patents, 65 papers published in journals and conferences.
Dr. Pang has graduated from Mechanical Engineer in University of Science and Technology of China. And graduated from Mechnical and Computer Science in Stanford university. He served as the chairman in Stanford CSSA in 1997.
- 长城会 RobotX Space