Actions and Detail Panel
2016 Ada Awards Ceremony & Disrupted Workforce Panel
Thu, December 8, 2016, 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM CET
In the context of Garages 2016 and the European Commission’s European Vocational Skills Week 2016, on 8 December in Brussels, the Digital Leadership Institute is proud to host the 2016 European Ada Awards Ceremony recognising top European girls and women in tech and the organisations who support them, and a high-level panel on the topic of "Disrupted Workforce: Leveraging Talent and Tech for Europe's Future." The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
15.30–16.00: Registration and GE Garages Access
16.00-16.45: Disrupted Workforce: Leveraging Talent & Tech for Europe's Future:
- Ms. Eva Paunova, Member of European Parliament, EPP Bulgaria
- Ms. Beata Stelmach, CEO, GE Poland
- Ms. Esther Roure Villa, CISCO and 2014 European Digital Woman of the Year
- Mr. Andrea Parola, General Manager, European e-Skills Association
- Moderator: Ms. Cheryl Miller Vandyck, Cofounder and Executive Director, Digital Leadership Institute
16.45-17.00: Fireside Chat with Miss Niamh Scanlon, 2015-16 European Digital Girl of the Year and Ms. Rosanna Kurrer, Cofounder and Digital Literacy Lead, Digital Leadership Institute
17.00-18.00: 2016 European Ada Awards
- Keynote: Mr. Alexander De Croo, Belgian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for the Digital Agenda
- Finalists - Digital Impact Organisation of the Year - presented by Ms. Joanna Sterzynska-Lindberg & Ms. Annika Ostergren Pofantis, European Commission
- Finalists- Digital Girl of the Year - presented by Ms. Caroline Kearney, Corporate Communications and Advocacy Manager, European Schoolnet
- Gabrijela Juric (14yo Croatia)
- Cerys Lock (14yo England)
- Finalists - Digital Woman of the Year - presented by Mr. Andrea Parola, General Manager, European e-Skills Association
18.00-19.00: 2016 European Ada Awards Reception
19.00-21:00: Pecha Kucha Night featuring Miss Manon Van Hoorebeke, 2014-15 European Digital Girl of the Year - separate registration required here: http://bit.ly/pechakucha16
16:00-16:45 - High-level panel on the topic of "Disrupted Workforce: Leveraging Talent and Tech for Europe's Future," with top decision-makers from the European public and private sector.
2016 European Ada Awards Ceremony
16:45-19:00 - Fireside chat with Miss Niamh Scanlon, 2015 European Digital Girl of the Year from Ireland, 2016 European Ada Awards Ceremony and Reception generously hosted by GE. European awards for Digital Woman of the Year, Digital Girl of the Year and Digital Impact Organization of the Year will be presented by a high-level representative of the European Commission and members of the European Ada Awards partnership.
Pecha Kucha Night
19:00 onwards - Following the 2016 Ada Awards reception, participants will enjoy a Pecha Kucha night with inspiring talks from European thought-leaders, including Ms. Manon Van Hoorebeke, 2014 European Digital Girl of the Year from Belgium.
All of the evening's events will take place in the Panoramic Hall at The Square Brussels, Coudenberg Entrance, as part of Garages 2016 and in celebration of the 201st anniversary of the birth of Ada Lovelace.