The 2016 National Hunger Free Communities Summit is a two-day event providing current and aspiring Hunger Free Community organizers and the broader anti-hunger community a forum to learn, share and network while exploring best practices in hunger eradication.
The goals for the conference include sharing successful strategies for collective impact; learning about effective approaches from content experts; and identifying new tools, resources and partners for planning, implementing and evaluating community-based hunger relief efforts.
Who should attend?
- Hunger Free Communities Network participants– nonprofit, religious, private and public sector leaders working collectively to end hunger in their communities.
- Those aspiring to start Hunger Free Community networks or coalitions.
- Community, faith and business leaders interested in engaging in anti-hunger efforts.
- Elected and public sector officials interested in understanding the untapped potential to end hunger in their communities.
- Community members and students interested in learning how to contribute to solving hunger.
|Wednesday, October 5|
|10:00 AM||Registration opens|
|12:00 PM – 2:00 PM||Lunch Program|
|2:30 PM – 3:45 PM||Workshop Block|
|4:00 PM – 5:15 PM||Workshop Block|
|6:00 PM – 7:30 PM||Dinner Program|
|Thursday, October 6|
|7:00 AM||Registration opens|
|7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||Breakfast Program|
|9:15 AM – 10:30 AM||Workshop Block|
|10:45 AM – 12:00 PM||Workshop Block|
Conference Registration Fees
- $125 by August 26th
- $150 after August 26th and at the door
Speakers and pre-approved scholarship recipients will receive complimentary admission.
Only checks or credit cards will be accepted. To pay by check, please select this option from drop down menu.
The event will be held at the Omni Severin Hotel, 40 West Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225. A special rate of $179 has been secured for conference attendees on October 5th. Call Omni Central Reservations at 1-800-The-Omni (1-800-843-6664) and refer to the "HFC Summit" rate. To receive this rate, reservations must be made on or before September 5th.
More Information & Contact
For more detailed conference information and/or to submit a workshop proposal, go to: www.hungerfreecommunities.org/summit/
Contact Minerva Delgado, Director of Coalitions & Advocacy, Alliance to End Hunger at 202-688-1139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save This Event
When & Where
Alliance to End Hunger
The Alliance to End Hunger engages diverse institutions to build the public and political will to end hunger at home and abroad.