Eventbrite Posts Record Growth to Kick Off 2010, Increasing Gross Ticket Sales of $40.9m in Q1
World\u2019s fastest growing social commerce company boosted by growth on all fronts; traffic from social media sites up 250%
April 13, 2010: San Francisco - Eventbrite, the fastest growing social commerce company, today announced a record quarter on all fronts, highlighted by $40.9 million in gross ticket sales (GTS) in Q1. In addition, traffic from social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn grew over 250% (YOY).
Eventbrite offers event organizers across a wide breadth of industries an easy-to-use, elegant, and simple way to manage, promote and sell out their events. The company has experienced tremendous traction over the past 24 months, helping event organizers sell tickets to over 200,000 events worldwide with over $200M in ticket sales to date. Over 2 million attendees have registered for Eventbrite events in 2010 alone.
"It is our mission to bring people together around live experiences," said Kevin Hartz, co-founder and CEO of Eventbrite. "We are achieving this through an intense focus on product and customer service."
These statistics build on exciting milestones for Q1 2010, including:
- Sean Moriarty, former CEO of Ticketmaster, joined the Board of Directors, contributing his acute operating expertise and knowledge of the events and ticketing industry;
- Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO and co-Founder of Yelp, joined as an investor and strategic advisor, contributing his in-depth experience in local market development and social media;
- Launched Eventbrite for Causes, a new program that makes it easier for non-profits to leverage technology and best practices to manage, promote, and raise money through successful events;
- Eventbrite was selected to power registration for Twitter's Chirp and Facebooks's f8, two of the premier technology conferences for early 2010;
- Eventbrite was named a winner for the Small Business Commerce Association’s (SBCA) 2009 Best of Business Award in the Internet category;
- Eventbrite was honored amongst the finalists for the San Francisco Business Journal and Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal’s annual list of Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
Eventbrite is the world's largest, fastest growing social commerce company. We empower anyone to host successful live experiences of any type or size by providing an easy way to manage, promote and sell out the event. Eventbrite brings together transactions with social interactions to allow events to live, flourish and take flight anywhere online. The net result is an intensely social transaction experience that at once helps events sell out, while creating a whirlwind of conversation and social engagement around them. Eventbrite is the engine for a new generation of live experiences. Eventbrite is privately held and backed by Sequoia Capital. For more information, go to www.eventbrite.com.
Melissa Biles or Melissa Klein