Skip Main Navigation
Page Content

Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway

The WW&F Railway Museum is dedicated to the display and preservation of the two-foot gauge Wiscasset, Waterville, and Farmington Railway; and its predecessor roads, the WW&F Railroad and the Wiscasset and Quebec Railroad. To that end, we attempt to replicate and rebuild Maine history, through the use of steam locomotives, hand signals, and the methods used by people on the original railroad, as much as possible. We are entirely volunteer-run. The original WW&F shut down in 1933 and was subsequently scrapped, but since 1989 the Museum has been rebuilding and restoring it. The museum now has nearly 3 miles of main line in service over the original roadbed, and operates most of the surviving equipment from the original railroad. The museum is open for visitors on Saturdays year-round, on Sundays through the summer, and for special events. Scheduled train service is offered weekends when open, May-October, with departures at 10:30am, 12 Noon and 1:30pm An additional 3:00pm is offered Memorial Day through Labor Day. Please check our website for more details.

Save This Event

Event Saved